Sign in with
Your question

BIG HTPC

Last response: in Components
January 2, 2011 4:39:10 PM

Hello

I am looking to move my compenents into a HTPC, but I wanna make sure its big enough to hold both of my Vid Cards. I have XFX 4850 cards. Does any one have any recomendations of HTPC cases that will hold 2 vid BIG/LONG vid cards???

More about : big htpc

a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 5:56:33 AM

Man you are gonna kill the meaning of HTPC... Why would you wanna a HTPC case with 2 X 4850 gpu's??? I mean HTPC is not meant for gaming... Unless you have a space constraint and looking to go small... or you wanna fit it into some shelf...

hefox suggested some good ones though i honestly dont know if they can fit in the gpu's... also what will you do with the heat those card generate even in normal operation???

Anyway have a look at Thermaltake Armor A30... its the only thing i know which really supports long cards with decent air circulation... But its m-ATX or Mini ITX so there you go...
Related resources
January 3, 2011 6:24:55 AM

abully said:
Man you are gonna kill the meaning of HTPC... Why would you wanna a HTPC case with 2 X 4850 gpu's??? I mean HTPC is not meant for gaming...
Au contraire, it's people like you who have runed the meaning of HTPC.

HTPC is a do-it-all machine! Why is it that I see people building simple file players then setting a game console next to it? HTPC is meant to do 1080p gaming, hold all your old movies, play all your new disks, to be your "jukebox", to view internet video, and to act as a console for video chat/video conferencing. And because it's meant to do all that, you can buy a bunch of cases similar to this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Notice it's full ATX. Newegg even has a list:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 6:53:26 AM

Hey crashman... Happy 2011...

I know its a do-it-all-machine... my point is NOT WITH TWO 4850's... HTPC is not definitely not meant for hardcore gamers and with those two gpu's i cant think of anything but gaming... I have a gaming rig with 460 SLI and a HTPC with HD4670... nobody else touches my gaming rig but i do let people play a few on my HTPC...

and they are not in the same place... HTPC is in my living room and the gaming one is in my study...
January 3, 2011 5:22:40 PM

abully said:
Hey crashman... Happy 2011...

I know its a do-it-all-machine... my point is NOT WITH TWO 4850's... HTPC is not definitely not meant for hardcore gamers and with those two gpu's i cant think of anything but gaming... I have a gaming rig with 460 SLI and a HTPC with HD4670... nobody else touches my gaming rig but i do let people play a few on my HTPC...

and they are not in the same place... HTPC is in my living room and the gaming one is in my study...

I would probably go with ONE 6850, but you run what you've brung right? If 4850's are what he has and he wants to game at 1080p, I can understand why he'd use two.
!