• SATA
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
January 14, 2013 6:22:44 PM

Hello,
I Have a:

"OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX480G 3.5" 480GB SATA II MLC"

I seem to be running out of space (I think).

currently (see below)

Used space 361GB
Free space 85.5GB

How much useable space do I have left?
Is it possible to add another SSD to the existing SSD to gain mire SSD space ?
Are there larger SSDs?

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks

More about : ssd space question

January 14, 2013 6:41:35 PM

spinker said:
Hello,
I Have a:

"OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX480G 3.5" 480GB SATA II MLC"

I seem to be running out of space (I think).

currently (see below)

Used space 361GB
Free space 85.5GB

How much useable space do I have left?
Is it possible to add another SSD to the existing SSD to gain mire SSD space ?
Are there larger SSDs?

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks

I recommend using all that space exept from the last 5% of your drives space so dont use the last 25gb as it will slow your drive down. Yes you can add another SSD and I think the highest sata SSD is 480gb. There may be other drives around 500gb but just have a look around. Also you can get PCI SSD's which are extremley fast (600+mbps) at 750gb+ but some of them cost more than a GTX 690 (£1000+)
m
l
a b G Storage
January 14, 2013 6:53:57 PM

You could also add a large hard drive to hold data that you don't need to load so fast.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 14, 2013 8:15:30 PM

did you install a lot of games on that SSD? you can disable the hibernate file also.

360gb is a lot of space used.

you can download and run this program to help you indentify where the space is being used:
http://windirstat.info/
m
l
January 16, 2013 6:37:28 PM

Ed Hunter said:
I recommend using all that space exept from the last 5% of your drives space so dont use the last 25gb as it will slow your drive down. Yes you can add another SSD and I think the highest sata SSD is 480gb. There may be other drives around 500gb but just have a look around. Also you can get PCI SSD's which are extremley fast (600+mbps) at 750gb+ but some of them cost more than a GTX 690 (£1000+)

Thank you all for your quick responses, sorry for then delay in returning your questions, out with the flu right now. Will provide more info shortly.

I do Have 2 hard drives C:, E:( SSD)

I am a Microsoft Flight simulator enthusiast. my SSD drive is dedcated totally too FSX (flight simulator) although many files are also installed to my C: drives as well.
I will get more info to you shortly once my flu symptoms have calmed down with more questions and with more info.

Once again thank you.
Larry
m
l
January 16, 2013 6:38:47 PM

zdbc13 said:
You could also add a large hard drive to hold data that you don't need to load so fast.

Thank you all for your quick responses, sorry for then delay in returning your questions, out with the flu right now. Will provide more info shortly.

I do Have 2 hard drives C:, E:( SSD)

I am a Microsoft Flight simulator enthusiast. my SSD drive is dedcated totally too FSX (flight simulator) although many files are also installed to my C: drives as well.

Once again thank you.
Larry
m
l
!