Will I Need Anything Else?

jwburks1976

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Okay, so I have the CPU, Motherboard, Cooler + Paste, PSU, Case, HDD, DVD Drive, OS, RAM, GPU... the question is, will there be unforeseen problems? Like, needing an extender for a cable? What sort of unforeseen trouble does one usually run into when building a PC? (In regards to "I Should Have Bought This, But I Didn't See This Coming...")

A speaker will be handy in fault finding later on if anything goes wrong, google the beep codes and your halfway to fixing the problem,
As long as
A, your parts are all compatible,
B, you apply the thermal compound correctly
and C you take your time theres no reason it shouldn't go swimmingly for you,
in the event that something DOES happen/not happen, use this link>
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-posting-buyer-guides-troubleshooting
Section 3, read, learn and read again, people will help you out more if you've tried to resolve it yourself first.
and if you need us, We're only a click away hehe :)
Good luck with the build man.
Moto

Do you have a monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse?

Get a #2 phillips head screwdriver for assembly.

Do you have all the case fans that you want?

Does the motherboard come with sufficient sata cables? Usually they do.

Download and read cover to cover the manual for your motherboard and case ahead of time.

If your psu is bottom mounted, the 4/8 pin cpu connector is frequently a bit short, and may have to be routed across the top of the motherboard. Check to see if you might need an extender. Good quality psu's will have sufficiently long cables.

---good luck---