Sign in with
Your question

Compaq d530c

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 22, 2010 8:49:16 PM

I have a compaq d530c someone gave me for a loner that wont power up my dell monitor or my hdtv

More about : compaq d530c

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 23, 2010 3:18:47 AM

????

your pc won't boot? or what?
m
l
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 23, 2010 2:31:32 PM

No all it does is beep I pulled the hard drive and swapped it for another one with the same result this morning all I want the back up PC for is to watch movies
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 98 C Monitor
August 23, 2010 5:05:03 PM

Listen to the beep codes and do a search form the online. The most common code error comes from the RAM or Video card. One of those is either bad or not installed correctly. The generally go something like "short, short, long, short" beeps. Get the pattern of it and then search the web for "d530c beep codes".
m
l
August 27, 2010 6:15:15 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Listen to the beep codes and do a search form the online. The most common code error comes from the RAM or Video card. One of those is either bad or not installed correctly. The generally go something like "short, short, long, short" beeps. Get the pattern of it and then search the web for "d530c beep codes".

When I push the power button the fans kick on and then 1 beep about a second long when I push f1 the cpu fan goes into over drive and the hard drive sounds like it's chopping glass the only way to turn it off is by holding the button in. This tower was a loner to my sons business partner and returned after a bad break up (money) anyway PS cpu was HOTTT
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 98 C Monitor
August 27, 2010 2:07:46 PM

If all you get is fan sounds and the drive sounds but no video, your motherboard or CPU may have gone bad. Could be the power supply also, but that's 3rd on the list to test/swap out.

That model you have is known for bad capacitor issues on the motherboard, I have replaced tons of them at a previous job, we actually have had the complany ship us hundreds of new motherboards, but this was years ago, so I'm sure yours is well out of warranty. Open the case and examine the caps, I'm betting you will find several that are puffy or even busted open with black dots on top of them. The capacitors should all have flat, even tops.
m
l
!