Workstation+Gaming GPUs on same Motherboard?

JdotH

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
So I just read this:

..."the Asus Maximus has a Lucid chip, which can be useful as an alternative to Crossfire/SLI or can be used to "mix n match" GPUs from different manufacturers and vendors to create Lucid multi-GPU profiles."

Does this mean I can put both a workstation quadro gpu and a gaming gpu on the same mobo?

If so can I have them work independently or do they work at the same time (possibly hindering each other)?
Can I have two diff drivers (workstation gpu & gaming gpu use diff drivers) on one rig?

Gracias in advance.

Solution
In the chart they list High End Graphics (gaming, CAD, CAM).

So you're telling me that CAD and CAM are games? Last I heard they are workstation applications that will utilize workstation GPUs if you have them.

LucidLogix Virtu uses a White List of applications that have been confirmed work with this technology.

Why don't you contact LucidLogix and ask?

The answer to your first and third questions is Yes.

Read about LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization here:

http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-virtu.html

JdotH

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Ok I went to their site and saw no mention of being able to use workstaion and gaming cards simultaneously or switching between them on the samw mobo.

Not sure they can individually apply workstation drivers with gaming drivers and recognize when to use which one.

JdotH

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

I dont think your right.

They mean multiple gaming gpus not workstaion and gaming gpus combined (different architecture).

In the chart they list High End Graphics (gaming, CAD, CAM).

So you're telling me that CAD and CAM are games? Last I heard they are workstation applications that will utilize workstation GPUs if you have them.

LucidLogix Virtu uses a White List of applications that have been confirmed work with this technology.

Why don't you contact LucidLogix and ask?

Solution