Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Opinions on Silverstone Raven case

Last response: in Components
Share
a b ) Power supply
January 2, 2011 5:58:41 PM

I currently have a Thermaltake element v case

I am looking to get a Silverstone Raven rv01 case i love how the motherboard mount to the top.

Website
http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?...

buy site
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

I cannot find very many reviews anywhere for this case and it is around 200$ so i would like to know if it is worth it.

From what i can see if has great air flow amazing cable management.
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 5:40:20 AM

If you really like the case for its looks then go for it... Its a pretty good case but mind you its HUGE... The positive pressure thing really works in keeping the dust out...

I don't see why you would wanna change Element V... Thats a darn nice case costing more than $150... All you need to do is manage the fans in the case and you could do like the raven...
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 8:05:06 PM

what about for the silverstone raven rv02
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 9:03:46 PM

100x better than the first.

If you're going to get one for sure, get the second.
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 9:16:09 PM


So you think the rv-02 is better the things that i dont like about it is the window is on the right side so i have to have it on the left side of my desk and if you have long cards like i do it can block the hard drives-- only 3 hard drive slots.

acer0169 said:
100x better than the first.

If you're going to get one for sure, get the second.
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 9:39:09 PM

If you like the Raven as I do this is the version to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Also nice with side panel on other side - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
But there is a newer version of the Fortress the FT02 but its more expensive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Don't know what you think of this or even if you can get it in the US but its a cutomized mid tower Fortress
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silverstone-fortress-ft0...

Its nice because its not as massive as the other cases, this is also another great case but again you pay for it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or its baby brother without the side panel - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

These are basically the cases I am looking at also, tough decision. :heink: 
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 9:58:31 PM

^Really!?! Not in the same league IMO.
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:12:35 PM

I am looking for a better case then a haf or a element v.....

Quote:
did I say HAF 932 OR HAF 932 NVIDIA EDITION?

a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:17:16 PM

I like the HAF-X and HAF-X Nvidia edition but they don't have the quality or style of the others mentioned IMO anyways.
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:17:44 PM

Link please?
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:22:09 PM

I dont like it at all lol..
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:24:36 PM

Its a marmite case, love it or hate it, have you looked at the red Fortress I posted. :na: 
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:26:06 PM

I cant go with red leds or red i hate red... ill make this easier for you mabye

i want a case that is a full tower with great cooling that has a huge side window i want to see my stuff
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:30:17 PM

cia24 said:
I cant go with red leds or red i hate red... ill make this easier for you mabye

i want a case that is a full tower with great cooling that has a huge side window i want to see my stuff


Well the Raven, Fortress and Obsidian all do that so take ya pick. Happy Hunting.
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:30:32 PM

window kinda sucks lol
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2011 10:33:05 PM

As much as i hate to say it the haf 932 has the best window
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 8:57:21 AM

Honestly, I've always hated the HAF cases. You're spending too much money on looks (which I don't like) than good layout inside the case (which I want). If you're really after a good case the Obsidian Series™ 800D that abully linked you to is amazing. Also have a look at some Lian Li cases as although they're costly, they're probably the highest quality cases available today.
January 4, 2011 1:44:47 PM

Silverstone RV02 has the best stock aircooling of any case out, except for the Silverstone FT02, cause they're the same hahaha.
January 4, 2011 2:41:11 PM

acer0169 said:
Honestly, I've always hated the HAF cases. You're spending too much money on looks (which I don't like) than good layout inside the case (which I want). If you're really after a good case the Obsidian Series™ 800D that abully linked you to is amazing. Also have a look at some Lian Li cases as although they're costly, they're probably the highest quality cases available today.



Are Obsidian 800 and 700 also good at cooling?What about stuff like long GPU's etc?
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 6:03:00 PM

The RV02 rapes any other case for aircooling.

This is a detailed review of these cases with the new AP181 fans. Your RV02 WILL come with these, but at the time of the reviews it did not:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/08/12/silve...

Note that their GPU cooling performance out passes the HAF-X with hotter/more cards even more substantially. These things are also whisper quiet.
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 6:03:55 PM

beanoslim said:
They are massive, great cooling and cable management.

I also recommended it a long way back in this thread, if you can afford it its a winner, even though overpriced.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...


Actually the air cooling is only average.
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 7:11:05 PM

I'd say it was very good as long as there is a sufficiant gap left under the unit.
The unlimited cable management allows for uninhibited airflow throughout the unit.
Admittedly compared to the Raven or Fortress it might seem average, but what doesn't?

a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 10:15:50 PM

I read some expert review i got the rv01 with the new fans in it thanks everyone
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 10:24:25 PM

UUUUUUGH that case is RANK.. [:fixitbil:4]
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 10:43:57 PM

beanoslim said:
They are massive, great cooling and cable management.

I also recommended it a long way back in this thread, if you can afford it its a winner, even though overpriced.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...


The cooling is nothing special, but with some quality fans it'll do any job asked of it (other than maybe passive-cooling at 4.5GHz ;)  )
a b ) Power supply
January 4, 2011 10:53:54 PM

I'm looking for a case and have read 4 reviews on this one and none report any cooling issues.

One review even stated that there is enough room inside for a 6 pack and it keeps them at optimal drinking temp. :na: 

Thats the sort of case I'm looking for.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2011 12:14:27 AM

beanoslim said:
I'm looking for a case and have read 4 reviews on this one and none report any cooling issues.

One review even stated that there is enough room inside for a 6 pack and it keeps them at optimal drinking temp. :na: 

Thats the sort of case I'm looking for.


That is why you don't believe every review you see.

With high airflow fans, the 800D/700D provide average cooling. I've seen people go from HAF 922s to the 800/700Ds and be shocked by the bad temps. I've even seen someone with a NZXT M59 go to one and put his 5 aftermarket fans into the 700D and get a 5-10c increase across the board on temps.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2011 12:22:15 AM

cia24 said:
I read some expert review i got the rv01 with the new fans in it thanks everyone


RV01 or RV02?

The RV01 does not come with the new fans (AP181) stock.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2011 11:23:07 AM

AMW1011 said:
That is why you don't believe every review you see.

With high airflow fans, the 800D/700D provide average cooling. I've seen people go from HAF 922s to the 800/700Ds and be shocked by the bad temps. I've even seen someone with a NZXT M59 go to one and put his 5 aftermarket fans into the 700D and get a 5-10c increase across the board on temps.


Jesus so your saying don't believe Guru3D, Hardwarcanuks, Bit-Tech or Legitreviews.

There is no better feedback than user/owner feedback but I am somewhat surprised.
January 5, 2011 3:18:43 PM

beanoslim said:
UUUUUUGH that case is RANK.. [:fixitbil:4]

What do you mean?

AMW1011 said:
The RV02 rapes any other case for aircooling.

This is a detailed review of these cases with the new AP181 fans. Your RV02 WILL come with these, but at the time of the reviews it did not:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/08/12/silve...

Note that their GPU cooling performance out passes the HAF-X with hotter/more cards even more substantially. These things are also whisper quiet.


That's a FT02 review,not RV02.
This one would be RV02:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2009/11/17/silve...
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2011 3:50:54 PM

Ladies.. stop arguing.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2011 3:52:59 PM

Got to agree about spending loads on a case only to use stock cooling though. When I bought my Cosmos S it was £140 and I then spent an extra £70 on quality scythe fans to make the most of the case. By default it came with 3 crappy coolermaster fans..
January 5, 2011 4:23:22 PM

Why not use the stock cooling if it IS good?
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2011 5:29:15 PM

+1 Exactly, if it aint broke don't fix it, awesome cooling with super quiet operation, why wouldn't you use that? :pt1cable: 

If the case came with 3 crappy CM fans then I would understand, you don't buy a Ferrari and change the wheels.
January 6, 2011 12:44:55 PM

BTW,could the Raven02 be considered silent? And could you fit a HD5970 in it?

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2011 1:43:21 PM
Share

12-18db I think, the review I read said that you had to get within 4 feet to hear it when the fans were on low.

I haven't read anything to suggest a 5970 wouldn't fit, I may be wrong.
Most issues seem to be that the pci-e cables sit on top of the case fans.
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2011 5:39:35 PM

Yes the 5970 will fit.
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2011 5:40:56 PM

Best answer selected by cia24.
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2011 5:51:06 PM

cia24 said:
Best answer selected by cia24.

n
n
n
Quote:
UUUUUUGH that case is RANK..

n
nI was jokin about this by the way, its a cool case. [:beanoslim:2]
!