Solved

Which SSD is best for gaming/everyday

Hello forums, I finally built my first PC and the one thing I am lacking is an SSD for my BOOT drive as well as for some programs/games. I was looking into the Samsung 840 PRO 256GB, but I have noticed a lot of issues with it, and can't decide which would be best.

A few others I have looked at are the Kingston Hyperx 3K, Intel 520, Crucial M4, and Plextor M5P, but I still can't decide. I am looking for something over 240GB, and would preferrably like to avoid Sandforce if what I have heard about it is really true. If someone could clarify this it would be greatly appreciated.

So, which SSD would be good for everyday use, OS, and a few high intensity games like Crysis and Battlefield 3?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide as I plan on ordering tonight or in a day or two.

P.S. The Plextor M5P is $209 on Newegg but won't be back in stock until Weds. Also, I have to pay a tax because of where I live.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which gaming everyday
  1. Hello, sorry to double post but I really need some input tonight please as I would like to order tomorrow morning and have it get here by the end of the week
  2. Sorry again, but I just found an 840 Pro 256GB on sale so I think I will jump on that before it goes out of stock, thanks to any readers of these posts.
  3. Best answer
    Most SSDs are virtually the same for all intents and purposes- the 840 Pro is the best one on the market if the price is right.
  4. Best answer selected by datguy88.
  5. The OCZ Vertex 4 is also an incredibly reliable drive, and is the best on the market in terms of value; it's somewhere around 10th fastest right now, but you can get insane deals on a sale.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage Product