Sign in with
Your question

Where Do I connect the USB Cord?

Last response: in Components
January 2, 2011 6:39:14 PM

The USB cord on my case, where does it connect on my motherboard?

Heres a screen shot of the USB cord, and the usb connector, does it go there? http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9268/rimg0024x.jpg

BECAUSE my motherboards instructions say "DO NOT PLUG the IEEE 1394 bracket (2X5-pin) cable into the USB header". I have no idea what that means.....

Well this usb cord that i am holding in the picture, I believe is a dual usb, as in its the cord for two usb slots in the exterior of my case I think? Its a nzxt phantom. So is that the slot where it goes?

Thanks

More about : connect usb cord

a c 95 V Motherboard
January 2, 2011 9:20:31 PM

Don't worry, that case doesn't have IEEE1394 on the top i/o area, just usb, esata, audio out and mic in.

Your safe to connect that cable to any of the two blue usb square blocks on your motherboard
m
l
a c 87 V Motherboard
January 3, 2011 2:56:38 AM

Connect the USB cord you're holding into the USB Blue socket on the Mobo , make sure to match the pins.
Yes, the cord you're holding is for the dual USB but so is the Mobosocket. SO you will get 2 USB sockets available don't worry.
The cable you have in your hand is a 9 pin and so is the usb onboard so it's not the 2X5Pin thing..... just go ahead....
m
l
Related resources
!