No usb 2.0 ports after win7 install

spj747

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
have old vaio computer..after win7 install after using xp..usb ports work as 1 not 2 (data transfer very slow).

All drivers (USB controller, intel chipset, uninstalled then updated..driver update subscription program bought..no help.

Any thoughts?
Thanks..

Look in to Device manager for yellow exclamation marks...
device-manager-yellow-exclamation-mark-problem.jpg

spj747

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
re vaio model no. above (PCV 2236) is generally referred to as RS 322 (E). Still at a loss as to what to do to get my usb ports working @ 2.0 speed. Even usb registry edit recommend by Driver Detective didn't work..

????
Help!

spj747

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

-------------------------------------

All drivers have been updated..usb controller drivers uninstalled first 2b on safe side..no probs showing in device manager. vaio model is PCV 2236- generally referred to as RS 322 (E). Still at a loss as to what to do to get my usb ports working @ 2.0 speed. Even usb registry edit recommended by Driver Detective(to which I even paid for a licence!) didn't work..after sending them numerous emails..they just kept on banging on about the correct way to use their product - ie.download/install drivers..but that wasn't where the problem lay. The reg edit they suggested is as follows:-

a. Click Start, then Run
b. Enter regedt32.exe and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Usb
c. If a USB key doesn’t exist, create one and create a new DWORD value called DisableSelectiveSuspend and make its value 1.
d. Restart the PC.

Did this ... but this also did not help !

Have you any other ideas?

Rgds, SJ.