No receipt Sabertooth p67 warranty?

or-ex

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hi every one, so i built my pc a few months ago, and i got a ASUS Sabertooth P67 for 70$ off of craigslist because it is rev 1. I knew i would not even need 4 sata ports, so it was a steal for me. I would like to know if i i'm still under 5 year warranty without a receipt? And would it just so happen to be possible to get the rev 3.0 version?

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
It should still be under warranty, though not with proof of purchase but rather with the serial number. I'd recommend contacting the ASUS distributor in your country (probably US, so it's easy there) and asking them what you can do to get the motherboard exchanged.

alohascott

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
aloha
you only paid 70 for that board?
that is quite a steal.
I am confused about what you mean by get rev 3
is that a software download or something?
or if it was possible to get it then why would anybody sell you the board for 70 bucks?
because you said that is why you got a good deal on it.
seems you want cake and eat it too!

or-ex

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Ya, i got the motherboard off of craigslist because it has the chipset problem where only 4 of the 8 sata ports work, the guy said he did not have the box or the receipt, and said i could not return it to a retailer. So i'm asking if i can call ASUS directly and get a new one. I really don't care about the chipset problem, but i want to sell the sabertooth and get a rog iv gene-z. Because i know what the sabertooth can do, i have already hit 5.1 Ghz on it. I just want to try a new motherboard

or-ex

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

I use a 2500k too! But i got lazy and never sent in the mobo, but i did call them up and they said to get the number under the pcie slot, and then give it to them and they would give me a new one. but i was like, no way i'm i going to rip up my hole rig for just 4 sata ports i don't need, i only use one of them for my SSD!