Sign in with
Your question

Need help with PC parts

Last response: in Systems
October 6, 2010 5:46:36 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if what ive put together would work good or not, and if not, what should be changed. First of all im on a limited budget (around 650-700 euros) so i cant really buy very expensive parts, and second the PC will be mainly for gaming and working with programs like Solidworks, photoshop and a bit of Maya.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 5670, 1GB DDR5 128bit
MoBo: M4A79XTD EVO
RAM: Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz or Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
PSU: CoolerMaster GX 650W
HDD: HDD 500GB Hitachi SATA-2 16MB

DVD RW Samsung 22x Black SATA
An average Case.

If you could tell me if anything is wrong and what should i change i would really appreciate it.

More about : parts

a b B Homebuilt system
October 6, 2010 6:21:03 PM

If you plan on doing a LOT of CAD work, you may want to consider a workstation video card. While those are expensive, the new Nvidia Quadro 600 is only $200 and you get a Fermi chip.

You can afford to cut down the size of your PSU to about 500W. I would also recommend getting an Antec, Corsair, or Seasonic because they're much better known for their PSUs than Cooler Master.

You should also bump up to 4GB of RAM; 2GB is going to be sluggish in just trying to load things, and you'll need much more for CAD and Photoshop.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 6, 2010 7:03:40 PM

Where are you buying from?
Related resources
October 6, 2010 11:11:25 PM

Nah wont be doing a lot of CAD only a bit for school and stuff, and about the PSU, tnx abt the info, sadly there are very few choices on brands, i can only get Cooler Master, Gembird and other brands of the sort. And about the RAM, my mistake about writing 2GB, its suposed to be 4Gb, maybe 6GB if i got enough cash.

Mosox, im buying from local stores since im from Macedonia and i cant buy from Newegg or TigerDirect.

Since you mentioned only the PSU and the RAM is fine since i made a mistake, i would asume everything else is fine. Just got 1 more question, how would this system do on games like Crysis and the like? i mostly play WoW but with this setup that game wont be a prob, will the other be?
a b B Homebuilt system
October 6, 2010 11:53:54 PM

For gaming better get a more powerful video card like the HD 5770. You can get a cheaper mobo and only a 2G stick of RAM for now, you can add more RAM later. Also you can get a cheaper Athlon II X4.
!