Need help with PC parts

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if what ive put together would work good or not, and if not, what should be changed. First of all im on a limited budget (around 650-700 euros) so i cant really buy very expensive parts, and second the PC will be mainly for gaming and working with programs like Solidworks, photoshop and a bit of Maya.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 5670, 1GB DDR5 128bit
MoBo: M4A79XTD EVO
RAM: Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz or Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
PSU: CoolerMaster GX 650W
HDD: HDD 500GB Hitachi SATA-2 16MB

DVD RW Samsung 22x Black SATA
An average Case.

If you could tell me if anything is wrong and what should i change i would really appreciate it.
4 answers Last reply
More about need parts
  1. If you plan on doing a LOT of CAD work, you may want to consider a workstation video card. While those are expensive, the new Nvidia Quadro 600 is only $200 and you get a Fermi chip.

You can afford to cut down the size of your PSU to about 500W. I would also recommend getting an Antec, Corsair, or Seasonic because they're much better known for their PSUs than Cooler Master.

You should also bump up to 4GB of RAM; 2GB is going to be sluggish in just trying to load things, and you'll need much more for CAD and Photoshop.
  2. Where are you buying from?
  3. Nah wont be doing a lot of CAD only a bit for school and stuff, and about the PSU, tnx abt the info, sadly there are very few choices on brands, i can only get Cooler Master, Gembird and other brands of the sort. And about the RAM, my mistake about writing 2GB, its suposed to be 4Gb, maybe 6GB if i got enough cash.

Mosox, im buying from local stores since im from Macedonia and i cant buy from Newegg or TigerDirect.

Since you mentioned only the PSU and the RAM is fine since i made a mistake, i would asume everything else is fine. Just got 1 more question, how would this system do on games like Crysis and the like? i mostly play WoW but with this setup that game wont be a prob, will the other be?
  4. For gaming better get a more powerful video card like the HD 5770. You can get a cheaper mobo and only a 2G stick of RAM for now, you can add more RAM later. Also you can get a cheaper Athlon II X4.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems