Which sub vendor is best for hd5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosfet429546

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
i am replacing my msi5770pmd1g its under warranty and they are refunding and thus i want get another hd5770 and i want this time to make sure i get the best of the 5770 card which have a good warranty and i ll love if it has 2 dvi port as msi5770pmd1g has only 1 dvi
guys i need your help
which subvendor should i get?

Solution
I believe the onboard should be able to handle two screens on its own(I wouldn't game on them) and the card can handle 3, one of which must use the display port.
If you would like to actually game on three monitors at once I would recommend getting at least an HD5850 to be honest. An HD5770 can handle it but you would have to turn the setting down a lot to get decent frame rates because of the high resolution.

mosfet429546

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

thanx for your feedback buddy but 1 more thing which among the 5770 card is best cooled in stock
subvendor and model plz
thnx again buddy

mosfet429546

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
i would refer to xfx as it provides lifetime warranty
but again xfx xxx series are factory overclocked and it is not worth buying it as we could overclock ourself if desired
and again i am confused if all the xfx card of same chip but different design are same technically
guys are they same or not?

The lifetime warranty is mostly a marketing gimmick imo. Most cards have 3 year warranties and that more than covers the average useful lifespan of a video card. For example 3 years ago a $150-180 card would have been something along the lines of an 8800GTS 640mb. If you still had one now it would be a mediocre card for low resolutions and you likely would have already replaced it and if not then its warranty running out and it breaking would just be a looked at as a good excuse to finally get something better.
As for your other question not just all the XFX HD5770s have the same processor but all of the HD5770s in general are the same processor. Physically the cards differ only based on cooling and perhaps a factory OC which, as you point out, isn't worth paying extra for. The cooling is actually more important as to how fast you can get the card to run which is why I listed the cards with the best cooling. That Hawk card in particular seems very good for OCing with a lot of people getting it up to 1000-1050mhz.
Another option would be spending bit more for a better card. The GTX 460 in particular would be something to look at and a nice step up from the HD5770. It can also OC a very large amount, 30-35% even on the reference cooler.

mosfet429546

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
i m not against you but if i m sticking with this card i mean xfx 5770 and no more further upgrades (upgrades may be on other system) then i could get my card repaired for more than any other card than this might be the best choice for me isnt it?
and one more thing msi card have only 1 dvi port and if i would like to try eyefinity without xfire than its not possible with msi
and yeah will xfx provide me full lifetime warranty?

Well, you will need to use the display port with an adapter to get eyefinity working on any card(unless you actually have a display port monitor.) They are more expensive($25 or so I think) and only certain ones work so you'll have to look it up when the time comes.

No, you can use an extended desktop for two monitors. Any video card from like the last 5 years can handle 2 monitors. Eyefinity is using 3 or more.
I wouldn't game on two monitors however. The gap/bezels would be straight down the middle of the screen.

mosfet429546

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
now i got it clear
but if the card has two dvi ports then in total it 4 ports then atleast 1 port onboard (motherboard) therefore 5 ports or even more than how many monitors can we use there?

I believe the onboard should be able to handle two screens on its own(I wouldn't game on them) and the card can handle 3, one of which must use the display port.
If you would like to actually game on three monitors at once I would recommend getting at least an HD5850 to be honest. An HD5770 can handle it but you would have to turn the setting down a lot to get decent frame rates because of the high resolution.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS