Having graphical issues and I cant find the culprit

G

I recently purchased a new monitor/tv to enjoy the fruits of my labor and have been experiencing severe screen tearing and lagging framerates whenever I attempt to play games.

My monitor is 32LD550. I know its a TV, and if that is the simple answer then I will go on my merry way and attempt to find a decently priced LCD in the range I want. But, I have a feeling that isn't the issue.

My previous monitor was a LG 21 inch LCD that just keeps giving me issues now after 4 years. Native resolution was 1600x1200.

My system is as follows:

I7 920@2.67GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe with X58 Chipset
6G of triple channel OCZ ram PC3-8500F (533 MHz)
BGF GTX 295

3DMark Score
P16697 3DMarks
CPU Score
Graphics Score

This is connected to my monitor through a HDMI cable because the TV itself doesn't support DVI.

The issues I'm experiencing are as follows:

Starcraft 2 (Ultra or High settings)- Heavy screen tearing, constant, anytime I scroll vertically or move quickly from point A to B.

World of Warcraft (High to Medium settings)- Extreme slowdown when viewing multiple other players.

Crysis (Medium settings): Artifacts popping up as well as screen tearing and visual glitches where the trees/buildings flicker into and out of normal space.

Sins of a Solar Empire(High Settings)- Screen tearing

As a note all of these effects are abnormal compared to my old monitor and I used my roomates monitor as a control during my testing.

G

I set it to Game mode then adjusted the settings to make it feel as close to normal as possible. I still need to tweak it a bit, but its pretty good balance wise now.

The 120Hz situation I cant figure out. My display drivers wont let me access anything above 60, and my settings in each game wont allow me to go beyond 60Hz as well. I find it annoying that I don't have total control over the monitor yet, because I feel like its just not letting me adjust certain things.

I do have it set at desktop 1920x1080, and made sure to double check that each game was set to the correct resolution as well.

As an update with messing around, I found that CS:Source and HL2 do not exhibit the same issues as the other games, and I still don't know why.

I enabled V-sync in each game and turned it off to see if there was a difference and I didn't notice one.