Solved

How is this hard drive (seagate sv35 series)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148912&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

i am looking at this hard drive currently (yes i realize its out of stock) and i was wondering if this was a good stable drive. as i can see there are a small handful of good reviews. i also realize this is optimized for surveillance systems but it seems to be a good os and storage drive and im also sure it very well might just be some marketing garbage. if anyone has one or has owned one, please share your experience with it. i also see the read write speeds hit an amazing 190 MB/s, are there any other magnetic drives that compete with that?

BTW, some of the other drives i was looking at are the WD caviar black 1tb the caviar blue 1tb and the samsung spinpoint f3 1tb, as well to the similar but not as fast version of the sv35
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hard drive seagate sv35 series
  1. I don't buy Seagate drives anymore, too many of them have failed on me in less than 12 months (less than 6 months in some cases), although I should add they were all external models, even so it's put me off the brand.

By comparison, all my WD and Hitachi drives have given me no cause for disappointment after 18 months and still going strong.
  2. Best answer
    phil22 said:
    I don't buy Seagate drives anymore, too many of them have failed on me in less than 12 months (less than 6 months in some cases), although I should add they were all external models, even so it's put me off the brand.

By comparison, all my WD and Hitachi drives have given me no cause for disappointment after 18 months and still going strong.

for me all WD drives failed...i never had a Seagate

now i got a 500 GB SAMSUNG F3 which is PERFECT
    (a shame that Samsung doesn`t make them anymore)
  3. UPDATE almost 6 months later and the seagate sv35 is running strong without a single hitch. it does in fact get the 190 mb/s read/write which is insane and its completely quiet, virtually no vibrating, and runs decently cool. it was an amazing buy i recommend it to anyone looking for a new hard drive
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Seagate Storage Product