Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

UT2004 colored names

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:05:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

My friend sWs»Terminator for posting this handy link in our forums:

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html

You can copy the strings to give your names some color :) 
Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 

More about : ut2004 colored names

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 4:29:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

> My friend sWs»Terminator for posting this handy link in our forums:
>
> http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html
>
> You can copy the strings to give your names some color :) 
> Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
> name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 

Yeah,I think yesterday when I was playing a guy came with this and when
asked how did he do it he said magic:) 

thx for the info;)
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:42:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

> But it does work as
> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 

I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 


--
IWIK
Related resources
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:42:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
<alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:

>> But it does work as
>> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 
>
>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 

Yup, and thank God.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:42:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Folk wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
> <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:
>
>
>>>But it does work as
>>>I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 
>>
>>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 
>
>
> Yup, and thank God.
>
Whats the problem with them?

--

Regards,
Steve
--

May the ping be with you ....
--
Registered Linux user number 355729
May 20, 2004 12:27:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

How does that work with peoples buddy lists?

> Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
> name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 12:44:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

IWIK <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote in
news:o pr7869itdq4ap1w@intrepid:

>> But it does work as
>> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 
>
> I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 

That's really shortsighted of Epic, taking something away that the
consumer wants. After all they're not harmful & people enjoy
customizing things.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 4:10:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:32:18 GMT, Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv>
wrote:

>Folk wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
>> <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>>But it does work as
>>>>I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 
>>>
>>>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 
>>
>>
>> Yup, and thank God.
>>
>Whats the problem with them?

No big problem, but I don't like to see people using hacks that are
not generally available to everyone. The way it is now, it's a
distraction.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 9:23:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Folk wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:32:18 GMT, Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Folk wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
>>><alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>But it does work as
>>>>>I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 
>>>>
>>>>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 
>>>
>>>
>>>Yup, and thank God.
>>>
>>
>>Whats the problem with them?
>
>
> No big problem, but I don't like to see people using hacks that are
> not generally available to everyone. The way it is now, it's a
> distraction.
>
I thought anyone could do it?

--
May the ping be with you ....

Registered Linux user number: 355729
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:04:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

"Schism" <blah@(NO-S*P_AM)aforce.net> wrote in news:10ao2a2fuccrd24
@corp.supernews.com:

> How does that work with peoples buddy lists?
>
>> Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
>> name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work
as
>> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :) 


Well it makes using wildcard matches impossible unless people stick
to the same colors & you allow for that in your buddy list entry :( 
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:06:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote in news:vQ5rc.15769842
$Id.2612226@news.easynews.com:

> I thought anyone could do it?

Theoretically yes they can IF they can find information on how to do
it. After that it's quite simple but since it's not a built in
option some people don't like it apparently. As for me I like a
little variety in colors :) 
May 21, 2004 2:29:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:06:24 GMT, "Paul C."
<Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:

>Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote in news:vQ5rc.15769842
>$Id.2612226@news.easynews.com:
>
>> I thought anyone could do it?
>
>Theoretically yes they can IF they can find information on how to do
>it. After that it's quite simple but since it's not a built in
>option some people don't like it apparently. As for me I like a
>little variety in colors :) 
>
>
kind of funny being stopped mid game and asked "is it a cheat?", "how
do i do it?" by some very good players. apparently they play more than
they read.

of all the many colors i choose black and white :) 

online in game as; misery
May 23, 2004 2:58:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

IWIK enlightened us with:
> I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;) 

A good thing. I want the names of people that use the link gun appear in
green, and in another color otherwise. If people walk around with a
green name on their head, nobody can count on that. Or am I talking
about the wrong thing here?

MeltDown
--
!For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
!