UT2004 colored names

My friend sWs»Terminator for posting this handy link in our forums:

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html

You can copy the strings to give your names some color :)
Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
12 answers Last reply
More about ut2004 colored names
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > My friend sWs»Terminator for posting this handy link in our forums:
    >
    > http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html
    >
    > You can copy the strings to give your names some color :)
    > Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
    > name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
    > I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

    Yeah,I think yesterday when I was playing a guy came with this and when
    asked how did he do it he said magic:)

    thx for the info;)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > But it does work as
    > I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

    I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

    --
    IWIK
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
    <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:

    >> But it does work as
    >> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
    >
    >I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

    Yup, and thank God.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Folk wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
    > <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>But it does work as
    >>>I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
    >>
    >>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)
    >

    > Yup, and thank God.

    Whats the problem with them?

    --

    Regards,
    Steve

    May the ping be with you ....
    --
    Registered Linux user number 355729
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    How does that work with peoples buddy lists?

    > Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
    > name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
    > I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    IWIK <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote in

    >> But it does work as
    >> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
    >
    > I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

    That's really shortsighted of Epic, taking something away that the
    consumer wants. After all they're not harmful & people enjoy
    customizing things.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:32:18 GMT, Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv>
    wrote:

    >Folk wrote:

    >>>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)
    >>

    >> Yup, and thank God.
    >>
    >Whats the problem with them?

    No big problem, but I don't like to see people using hacks that are
    not generally available to everyone. The way it is now, it's a
    distraction.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Folk wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:32:18 GMT, Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Folk wrote:

    >>>Yup, and thank God.
    >>>

    >>Whats the problem with them?
    >

    > No big problem, but I don't like to see people using hacks that are
    > not generally available to everyone. The way it is now, it's a
    > distraction.

    I thought anyone could do it?

    --
    May the ping be with you ....

    Registered Linux user number: 355729
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Schism" <blah@(NO-S*P_AM)aforce.net> wrote in news:10ao2a2fuccrd24
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > How does that work with peoples buddy lists?
    >
    >> Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
    >> name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work
    as
    >> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

    Well it makes using wildcard matches impossible unless people stick
    to the same colors & you allow for that in your buddy list entry :(
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote in news:vQ5rc.15769842
    $Id.2612226@news.easynews.com:

    > I thought anyone could do it?

    Theoretically yes they can IF they can find information on how to do
    it. After that it's quite simple but since it's not a built in
    option some people don't like it apparently. As for me I like a
    little variety in colors :)
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:06:24 GMT, "Paul C."
    <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:

    >Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote in news:vQ5rc.15769842
    >$Id.2612226@news.easynews.com:
    >
    >> I thought anyone could do it?
    >
    >Theoretically yes they can IF they can find information on how to do
    >it. After that it's quite simple but since it's not a built in
    >option some people don't like it apparently. As for me I like a
    >little variety in colors :)

    kind of funny being stopped mid game and asked "is it a cheat?", "how
    do i do it?" by some very good players. apparently they play more than
    they read.

    of all the many colors i choose black and white :)

    online in game as; misery
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    IWIK enlightened us with:
    > I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

    A good thing. I want the names of people that use the link gun appear in
    green, and in another color otherwise. If people walk around with a
    green name on their head, nobody can count on that. Or am I talking
    about the wrong thing here?

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Games Video Games