UT2004 colored names

My friend sWs»Terminator for posting this handy link in our forums:

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html

You can copy the strings to give your names some color :)
Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

> My friend sWs»Terminator for posting this handy link in our forums:
>
> http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html
>
> You can copy the strings to give your names some color :)
> Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
> name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work as
> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

Yeah,I think yesterday when I was playing a guy came with this and when
asked how did he do it he said magic:)

thx for the info;)

> But it does work as
> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

--
IWIK

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
<alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:

>> But it does work as
>> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
>
>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

Yup, and thank God.

Folk wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:44 +0100, IWIK
> <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote:
>

>>>But it does work as
>>>I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
>>
>>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)
>

> Yup, and thank God.

Whats the problem with them?

--

Regards,
Steve

May the ping be with you ....
--
Registered Linux user number 355729

Schism

How does that work with peoples buddy lists?

IWIK <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@ambtinternet.com> wrote in

>> But it does work as
>> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)
>
> I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

That's really shortsighted of Epic, taking something away that the
consumer wants. After all they're not harmful & people enjoy
customizing things.

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:32:18 GMT, Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv>
wrote:

>Folk wrote:

>>>I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)
>>

>> Yup, and thank God.
>>
>Whats the problem with them?

No big problem, but I don't like to see people using hacks that are
not generally available to everyone. The way it is now, it's a
distraction.

Folk wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:32:18 GMT, Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv>
> wrote:
>

>>Folk wrote:

>>>Yup, and thank God.
>>>

>>Whats the problem with them?
>

> No big problem, but I don't like to see people using hacks that are
> not generally available to everyone. The way it is now, it's a
> distraction.

I thought anyone could do it?

--

"Schism" <blah@(NO-S*P_AM)aforce.net> wrote in news:10ao2a2fuccrd24
@corp.supernews.com:

> How does that work with peoples buddy lists?
>
>> Unfortunately you're limited to a total of 20 characters for your
>> name & the color strings are 4 characters each. But it does work
as
>> I'm sure many of you are starting to notice :)

Well it makes using wildcard matches impossible unless people stick
to the same colors & you allow for that in your buddy list entry :(

Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote in news:vQ5rc.15769842
$Id.2612226@news.easynews.com:

> I thought anyone could do it?

Theoretically yes they can IF they can find information on how to do
it. After that it's quite simple but since it's not a built in
option some people don't like it apparently. As for me I like a
little variety in colors :)

Someone

On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:06:24 GMT, "Paul C."
<Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:

>Stalks <sorry@dont.want.spam.tv> wrote in news:vQ5rc.15769842
>$Id.2612226@news.easynews.com:
>
>> I thought anyone could do it?
>
>Theoretically yes they can IF they can find information on how to do
>it. After that it's quite simple but since it's not a built in
>option some people don't like it apparently. As for me I like a
>little variety in colors :)

kind of funny being stopped mid game and asked "is it a cheat?", "how
do i do it?" by some very good players. apparently they play more than
they read.

of all the many colors i choose black and white :)

online in game as; misery

Meltdown

IWIK enlightened us with:
> I wouldn't get too attached. They're going to bin them soon ;)

A good thing. I want the names of people that use the link gun appear in
green, and in another color otherwise. If people walk around with a
green name on their head, nobody can count on that. Or am I talking
about the wrong thing here?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

TRENDING THREADS