soulstealer1984

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Ok i just bought the components for my htpc. I have an ASUS M4A785-M mother board; a AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz; 2gb of Kingston ram (on the compatibility list); LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C37B Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case; lg blue ray player; PC Power and Cooling Silencer PPCS370X 370W ATX12V; and Western Digital 500GB SATA HDD.

So i put it all together and fans and lights come on but i can not get anything to display on the screen. so my question is will the HDMI out put work hooked up to my TV before the OS is installed. Also aside from DOA board please make a suggestion or 2 on something that i could try. Ive gone over all of the connections but not having any luck finding what could be wrong.

soulstealer1984

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
also i wanted to add that other then a speaker connected to the mother board is the a way to tell if a computer is posting aside from it displaying on the screen. Also the blu ray drive seems as if it is trying to read a disk but will not eject and just keeps flashing and clicking. Not sure what that means