Sign in with
Your question

Hp dv9000 display failure

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2010 1:43:26 PM

Hello,
i have dv 9700 laptop and the problem is its screen suddenly stopped displaying]
now when i turned it on, the welcoming sounds came but the display was completely off.i could even log in but without seeing an thing!!
someone please tell the problem and solution!!

More about : dv9000 display failure

a b Î Nvidia
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 23, 2010 3:20:23 PM

It sounds as if your backlit display is defective. You can attempt to purchase a replacement display and install your self or you can have someone (there are many notebook repair shops around the globe).

To verify, simply connect your notebook to an external monitor to ensure the system is still functioning normally otherwise.

Good luck!
m
l
August 30, 2010 8:32:19 AM

COLGeek said:
It sounds as if your backlit display is defective. You can attempt to purchase a replacement display and install your self or you can have someone (there are many notebook repair shops around the globe).

To verify, simply connect your notebook to an external monitor to ensure the system is still functioning normally otherwise.

Good luck!

thanks a lot man!!
i ll check out with an external monitor
but is there any chance of smething going wrong with nvidia or motherboard??
because i just want to have an estimate of the repair!! (i just pray there is no chance of sme problem wid d nvidia!! :(  )
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 30, 2010 9:52:48 AM

It is possible that the GPU or mobo is defective, that is why you connect to the external monitor to determine if the LCD is the problem or not. Always try to rule out the easy stuff first.
m
l
September 6, 2010 4:19:43 AM

no adding external monitor doesnt help
it still was blank!! :( 
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
September 6, 2010 1:38:43 PM

That being the case, you likely have a defective motherboard. Did you toggle the screen selection key on your notebook to ensure it was outputting to an external monitor? Also, the GPU (Nvidia) is integrated into the motherboard and can't be replaced separately.
m
l
!