fmxjones21

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hey guys these are all the spec for my new computer im going to be building around christmas time when i have got all the money to purchase it all. These are the spec of my gaming rig i hope to be building:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Stock CPU cooler (Upgrading to Cool IT ECO A.L.C. CPU Cooler)
Cooler master SGC2000 Storm Scout
Zotac GTS250
Corsair VX550
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
4GB G.skills ripjaws 1333mhz
1tb Seagate barracuda
SATA Samsung dvd drive
Logitech X-540 speakers
Logitech g15 keyboard
Microsoft Retail SideWinder x5

The total cost of this build is $1096, Can you help me out by telling your thoughts about this build if there are any changes or things i need to know but mainly just your opinion about it

coleam45

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Definitely look for a better video card. The GTS 250 was a great card when it came out, but it's already a generation back, and AMD's new generation of GPUs is set to come out in the middle of the month. AMD and nVidia also don't get along too well, so consider going for an AMD card.

Other than that, I'd recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ for a cooler.

You'll definitely be able to drive down the cost of this system with Newegg combo deals. You should repost it about a week or two before you buy to see what people can find you. When you do that, fill out this form: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

I understand your wanting to plan ahead, but TBH, the entire market could change be Christmas. Its good to keep a plan, but it will be modified many times over as new components come out, obsoleting the ones already in existence.

fmxjones21

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hey im planning to play on LCD/LED 32" tv with the screen resoloution of approximately 1366 X 768. And thanks for all you info im going to deicde exactly around christmas time what im getting cause as some people have said it may all change and also i live in Australia. Lol.

The 5770 is fine for your resolution, and it will carry you into 1920x1080 if you change monitors.

At your resolution, you don't need to pay for an OC'd 5770, unless you want to. Know that you can OC it yourself with a little bit of patience. After that, I'd recommend a card that exhausts hot air outside the case and there aren't many cards where the fan shroud carries through to the back panel.

Those four brands make good cards and have their problems too.