Best low-profile card?

I'm pricing and building a new computer for my girlfriend, who wants a small form factor case that will fit underneath a 5-inch tall shelf on her desk. Naturally, this means a full-size video card is out of the question. I'm already planning a uATX in a 4-inch tall case build

Mostly she uses her computer for web browsing, reading manga, watching youtube videos, all of which an onboard video could handle. But she wants to play some modem games (Dragon Age, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Portal). Her monitor is a 1440x900. What I need is a good small-form factor card to fit in with this space. What are my best options?

Solution
infernox_01 is right. If available, the HD5750 would be a very solid, low profile performer and would outperform the HD5570. Also depends on your budget. Good luck!

infernox_01

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
well the best low profile card atm is the HD5750. its released within a month im guessing. it all depends on how big ur power supply is. the 5570 is a great choice, im currently using it on a 250w power supply and its been released for some time now. heres an image showing the 5750 performance.

HD5750_LP_s.jpg

correct but normally a low-pro card takes up only one slot, hence the reason why they are used in HTPC's. I understand that the PCB is half the size of a regular card but normally when you opt for a low-pro card you want to make sure it takes up only one slot leaving the others accessible for the TV tuner/sound card. Not saying that it wont work, just odd ;)

infernox_01

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
i think its the only low profile card that uses up 2 slots. in terms of power, the regular 5750 has a max power draw of 86w, im guessing the low profile version will be slightly less. it could work on a 300w power supply.