Gigabyte GTX 460 1gb mini-HDMI Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Alright so I've heard some stuff about the Adapter that is included with this video card does not fit on most cases, and that is the situation with mine. Although I haven't seen anyone with a solution to this problem yet...

I've been looking for a mini-HDMI to mini-HDMI cable, then using the adapter and using my regular HDMI to plug into it. I haven't seen these cables, i only see like mini-HDMI to HDMI, does anyone know if mini-HDMI male to mini HDMI female exist?

Or i guess anyone else have any other solutions? Want to hook up my brand new comp to my TV ASAP!

Helltech

Distinguished
So, let me get this right, you need a mini HDMI cable to plug from the video card to the adapter (becuase the adapter doesn't fit on your case), and then from the adapter a normal HDMI cable that plugs into your television?'

Why can't you just use a mini HDMI to HDMI cable?

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
yeah i should have worded that better, mini HDMI to HDMI cable would work, i dont know why i just figured the mini to mini would be cheaper? like an extension type deal.

sorry i have this thing where i have to use everything thta was given to me! haha

G

I encountered the same situation. Being the impatient sort, I resorted to whitling away the plastic on the right side of the adapter until it cleared the case. You have to be patient enough not to expose the metal, but at least you don't have to fork out more money (temporarily) on a new cable or adapter. It did work so that I could at least get a picture up on my TV... now I just have to figure out how to configure the audio! You may shudder at the thought but it is only some plastic after all and it is already paid for!

razee

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
I encountered the same situation. Being the impatient sort, I resorted to whitling away the plastic on the right side of the adapter until it cleared the case. You have to be patient enough not to expose the metal, but at least you don't have to fork out more money (temporarily) on a new cable or adapter. It did work so that I could at least get a picture up on my TV... now I just have to figure out how to configure the audio! You may shudder at the thought but it is only some plastic after all and it is already paid for!

I lads. I just came across here while trying to find out about mini hdmi. I have my computer in a different room from my cinema screen. I'm using a 15m hdmi to connect to my onkyo 606 amp.
I have an antec 300 case and was wondering did shaving off the plastic work properly???
is it fully in or a little sideways?
I'm torn between the gtx460 and ati 6850. the 460 has cuda and the 6850 has full size hdmi and bitstreaming drivers that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.