Few Questions

G

Hi !
1.which is the best brand for RAM ? Geil, Kingmax or UMAX.. { for Gaming }{performance & Quality }
2.Which has better airflow ?Cooler Master CM 690 or RAIDMAX SMILODON ??
3.Please RATE this SYSTEM :

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHZ
VGA: ATI 5850 HD 1GB
PSU: Corsair 650TX
RAM: 2x2GB 1300 MHZ ddr3 D.CH
MOBO: EP45T-USB3P

IF u not Confused yet please rate this hardwares too .

MOBO: GA P31 DS3L DDr2 1600 S3
RAM: 2x2GB 800MHZ ddr2 Twinmos

Thanks a LOT !

Looks decent to me although IMO you should get 1600mhz CL8 RAM especially if you plan on doing any OCing. Not sure about the cases...

I'm also not sure what shadow187 means about the GPU and CPU frequency... I wouldn't expect any problems as is.

G

I dont think so ..Q9400 Quad Core is very great CPU ...its even higher than many of i3 or i5 CPUS.. Q9400 has ran GTA IV great on many systems ..& 1333 MHZ is enough for RAM ...Isnt it ? i dont wanna OC it..my current 2x2GB 800MHZ ddr 2 works fine for m e...the ram that i said is realy good UPGARDE ....

RATE mean ...RATE from 10 ...like as i saw VGA rated 9 from 10 & CPU 7 from 10,... rest are unknow to me ..please RATE THEM IF u CAN ...or give me a site that i can rate any hardware .

1333mhz RAM is fine for not OCing, it's the highest standard.

Not sure what the point of rating is, that's very subjective. I can tell you it's good. A 5850 can run most games at max settings, and the most demanding games at high settings. And they OC really well, and they run cool. Corsair 650TX is awesome. I don't know much about that mobo.

I definitely wouldn't go with a DDR2 system. DDR3 for sure.

G

I dont wanna OC ..not using more than 1440 Rez ...so i think that these system would be VERY GREAT for GAMING ...please dont recomand me higher one s...because i dont have more money ....just rate & say how good is it for Gaming on that REZ ...say with % or words like { great } { high } { medium } .

G

Some one told me that ..that rest of things { CPU , PSU , VGA } that listed in first rig info.... will do great & notlimited on my GA P31 DS3L S3 ddr 2 1066 MOBO with 2x2GB ddr 2 800 MHZ rams ...what do u think about that . my current 9600 can run almost all games at max setings ...with 1440 Rez ..but a few games like ..ARMA 2 , Crysis WH , GTA IV ..so i think 5850 would be very great UPGRADE !

Some one told me that ..that rest of things { CPU , PSU , VGA } that listed in first rig info.... will do great & notlimited on my GA P31 DS3L S3 ddr 2 1066 MOBO with 2x2GB ddr 2 800 MHZ rams ...what do u think about that . my current 9600 can run almost all games at max setings ...with 1440 Rez ..but a few games like ..ARMA 2 , Crysis WH , GTA IV ..so i think 5850 would be very great UPGRADE !

Are you saying you already have the CPU, and are upgrading just the mobo, RAM, and GPU? If that's the case, then upgrading the mobo and RAM is probably unecessary. If you're buying new, then yeah getting DDR3 is a good idea.

A 5850 is significantly better than a 9600GT. Like... way better.

^6.5/10 sounds about right I guess... could do better if OCed but apparently that isn't going to happen. And yeah, at that resolution a 5850 will kill games. I run a pair of 5850s at 1920x1080 and can max every game out (Crysis, Metro 2033, STALKER).

G

My mobob is Ga p31 DS3L with 2x2GB ddr 2 rams 800MHZ..i wanted to but VGA 5850 CPU Q9400 & PSU 650 TX ...thats it...Metro lag very little on my current 9600 With max setings ..so what 5850 gonna do ?!?! ur right it will KILL GAMES ...... how long i can keep my 5850 ? will there be anygame in future that will need more than 5850 ? i think no becasue some of new games .. need lower than older games like CRYSIS . WHat do u think ...this will be good MATCH ???

CPU: INTEL QUAD CORE Q9400 2.66GHZ
MOBO: GA P31 DS3L S3 1066MHZ DDR 2 { current }
VGA:ATI 5850 HD 1GB XFX or MSI
PSU:Corsair 650 TX
RAM: 4GB { 2x2GB 800MHZ DDR 2 } { current}

is this rig suitable for GAMES ..as Wolfram 23 said...will it KILL GAMES ? or some PARTS will Limit eachother ?!?

What OS do you have? If it's XP, then your 9600GT is only running in DX9. If it's Vista/7 then you'll have access to DX10, which is a bit better. But the 5850 will give you DX11 which is just awesome, but also needs a big GPU to get the job done - but again, if you're on XP you can still only use DX9. If that's the case, you should add Win7 64bit onto the list.

Anyway if you have no plans to upgrade the monitor then the 5850 will be good for a long, long time. I'd say that's looking like a good upgrade. And hey, if down the road you have some extra cash you can invest in the new motherboard and RAM, and/or monitor (1920x1080 is awesome :D)

G

:hello: Thanks . so ican use it for LONG time ..what about killing a GAMES ? Will that RIG { THAT I TOLD u in last post } Provide all my needs in games ?

I mean nothing will work limited on this rig .... Will they ? ;) :p

Do u know which rig i am talking about ..?Last Rig ...in last POST

G

I am using XP now ..& i think XP works faster than any other OS in the WORLD ...win7 & vista are good but ...they make GAMES run slower ...because they are 1. Heavy windows full of 3D thing that takes alot work of VGA 2.they force us to switch to the DX 11 which make games lower than DX 9 ..any way i wont have that problem on 5850

Yes that system will be fine.

As for XP being faster... no, it's not really. Yes DX9 is faster than DX 10 or DX 11, but that is only because it's so much worse in graphic quality. If you're fine with it... well, good for you then. But you are missing out. Many games don't let you even see their highest graphical settings if you're on DX9. Metro 2033 and Crysis, for example, only let you use up to High. There is also Very High settings. DX 11 also adds multithreading support as well as tesslation and depth of field that makes games really come to life when used properly. There's a lot more to it than you think.

Also, those 3D windows things don't really use your GPU up... maybe intermittenly, but even then you can disable it. I just think it's silly to keep on XP. If you like Battlefield, you won't be able to play BF 3 when it comes out next year, as they are completely ignoring DX9, going full on DX10 and 11.

G

Ya i know Very High option of Crysis is too important to me ...but i wish that CRYSIS 2 will unlock very high setings like Crysis warhead ...any way Thanks .....is FINE=Killing Games or fine means lower than killing GAMES ?

G

After all these ... AIRFLOW is important too ... so what should i do
1.buy case with front FAN { recomand one please }
2.remove the sides covers of case & PUT house natrual cooling fan { big fans }in front of it
3.Do another thing but these 2 options ...please tell me !?!?!

I'm not a case expert... I just went through a list of cases available to me and in my price range, picked a few I thought looked the coolest, and then read some reviews on those.

If you go to the article page here on Tom's, they just reviewed 4 $50 cases and are doing another 4 pretty soon. IMO, Antec 300 is a great budget case. On the other hand, you can easily buy case fans for your current case if it has places for intakes and exhaust.

A 5850 will kill most games. Again, at 1920x1080 I could play most games at max settings, only Crysis at High with 2xAA. At your resolution it would perform even better, probably able to do maxed out settings and AA.