How is that handicap mod coming?

Kilowatt

Someone said they might try to make a mod where everyone gets about the same
amout of frags.

Maybe something that autoadjusts the handicap?

We really could use it.

--
Kilowatt@charter.net Put "private" in the subject line.

# Kilowatt

> Someone said they might try to make a mod where everyone gets about
> the same amout of frags.
>
> Maybe something that autoadjusts the handicap?
>
> We really could use it.

Couldn't you abuse it by "playing dumb" for the first half of the match
to give you an advantage, then "turning on the gas" and cleaning up in
the 2nd half?

Actually, that could be fun, rather than annoying. Like fuel strategies
in Formula 1, you could choose the pacing of your game, and the best time
to "kick in" with the skills for the most points :)

--
Toby
asktoby.com

Meltdown

Kilowatt enlightened us with:
> Someone said they might try to make a mod where everyone gets about
> the same amout of frags.

I said that.

> Maybe something that autoadjusts the handicap?

Sure, but not during the game itself. Once you win a game, you get an
extra handicap, and if you loose, your handicap is reduced. Or something
like that, haven't thought of it for a while. Yesterday I came back from
a hichhiking contest to the island of Elba, Italy (you know, where
Napoleon was banned to), and I slept for about 18 hours.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Kilowatt

I have no idea how to mod this stuff. Can you store a handicap value for
the next time you play (with game code)?

Do you get an .ini for mod stuff? It would be nice if it remembered from
session to session.
--

Kilowatt@charter.net Add "private" to the subject line.

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
> Kilowatt enlightened us with:
> > Someone said they might try to make a mod where everyone gets about
> > the same amout of frags.
>
> I said that.
>
> > Maybe something that autoadjusts the handicap?
>
> Sure, but not during the game itself. Once you win a game, you get an
> extra handicap, and if you loose, your handicap is reduced. Or something
> like that, haven't thought of it for a while. Yesterday I came back from
> a hichhiking contest to the island of Elba, Italy (you know, where
> Napoleon was banned to), and I slept for about 18 hours.
>
> MeltDown
> --
> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Kilowatt

Oh yeah, and how was the hichhiking? Sounds like an invite for trouble to
me.

--

Kilowatt@charter.net Add "private" to the subject line.

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
> Kilowatt enlightened us with:
> > Someone said they might try to make a mod where everyone gets about
> > the same amout of frags.
>
> I said that.
>
> > Maybe something that autoadjusts the handicap?
>
> Sure, but not during the game itself. Once you win a game, you get an
> extra handicap, and if you loose, your handicap is reduced. Or something
> like that, haven't thought of it for a while. Yesterday I came back from
> a hichhiking contest to the island of Elba, Italy (you know, where
> Napoleon was banned to), and I slept for about 18 hours.
>
> MeltDown
> --
> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Meltdown

Kilowatt enlightened us with:
> I have no idea how to mod this stuff. Can you store a handicap value
> for the next time you play (with game code)?

Yep.

> Do you get an .ini for mod stuff? It would be nice if it remembered
> from session to session.

If you want, yes. Take a look at the MonsterMadness code, for example.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Meltdown

Kilowatt enlightened us with:
> Oh yeah, and how was the hichhiking?

Great! Check out the pictures ;-)

> Sounds like an invite for trouble to me.

Where are you from? It's a whole different thing here in Europe,
compared to Africa or the USA.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

THUMPer

On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:22:49 +0200, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>Kilowatt enlightened us with:
>> Oh yeah, and how was the hichhiking?
>
>Great! Check out the pictures ;-)
>
>> Sounds like an invite for trouble to me.
>
>Where are you from? It's a whole different thing here in Europe,
>compared to Africa or the USA.
>
>MeltDown

That is, until the Europeans start going bonkers (like most Western
cultures) and start butchering helpless hitchhikers too. ;-)

Meltdown

thumper enlightened us with:
> That is, until the Europeans start going bonkers (like most Western
> cultures) and start butchering helpless hitchhikers too. ;-)

That won't happen anytime soon. The traffic is much more dense in
Europe, and cities are much closer to each other. The chances that you
will be completely alone (as alone as you can get in the USA) are very
small. Besides that, we always hichhike in couples.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts