Sony Laptop

I have a sony pcg-f590 laptop that has been upgraded the xp pro. Now it does
not have sound and goes back to the startup screen when the screen saver
comes off. Can this be fixed or should it be reformatted?
1 answer Last reply
More about sony laptop

    Flower wrote:
    > I have a sony pcg-f590 laptop that has been upgraded the xp
    > pro. Now it does not have sound and goes back to the startup
    > screen when the screen saver comes off. Can this be fixed or
    > should it be reformatted?

    Look in Device Manager (Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc). Something
    tells me you're going to see a yellow exclamation point
    displayed next to your laptop's sound card. You would need to
    obtain an XP version of the sound card driver from Sony's
    support site.

    Here's a site that lists the XP drivers available for your
    laptop. The one listed under Audio is what you need:

    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=PCGF590&UpdateType=Migration&SelectOS=7

    For the second problem, look in Control Panel -> Display. On
    the Screen Saver page, make sure that "On resume, show the
    Welcome screen" is unchecked. Also, check Control Panel, Power
    Options. On the Advance page, make sure that "Prompt for
    password when computer resumes from standby" is unchecked.

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan

Configuration Laptops Sony Windows XP