Your question

No Post- No VGA connected according to beeps

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • VGA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 23, 2010 7:34:10 PM

Hi there, im having a problem with my new build. The computer won't post and the beeps are saying that there is no VGA connected. I can't test the build with another graphics card as my old graphic card one is AGP card to test if thats the issue. The computer is conected to the monitor with DVI-I to VGA converter and ive tested this on two monitors with no change. All my parts are new so are unlikely to be Damaged i think unless i have damaged them in building it.Also is it possible that the PSU is the fault and isnt supplying enough power or is likely to be a faulty graphics card or motherboard. Any ideas would be usefull, Thanks for your help My parts are: Graphics Card:1GB-XFX-HD-5830 Case: Asus-Vento-TA-M21 ,MotherBoard :Asus-P5P43TD ,Ram: 2x2GB)-Corsair-DDR3-PC3-10666 CPU: Intel-Core-2-Quad-Q8400-Yorkfield PSU: 650W-EZCool-Silent-SLi-pPFC-Power-Supply

More about : post vga connected beeps

a c 153 U Graphics card
August 23, 2010 7:41:56 PM

HAve you tried reseating everything, making sure all the of the power connections are in firmly? Try without giving the opital disk drives and fans power (not the cpu, just the case ones), see if that helps. I would say that power supply may be the culprit, next time spend a little more money on a good power supply with less watts. A 500w Corsair PSU would be better then a 650w EZCool.

Also go through this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
August 23, 2010 7:58:19 PM

Helltech said:
HAve you tried reseating everything, making sure all the of the power connections are in firmly? Try without giving the opital disk drives and fans power (not the cpu, just the case ones), see if that helps. I would say that power supply may be the culprit, next time spend a little more money on a good power supply with less watts. A 500w Corsair PSU would be better then a 650w EZCool.

Also go through this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Wow thanks for the quick reply,
I've been through the guide a few times checking ( it did help me notice I hadn't put the speaker in which was why i had no beeps orginaly) I can't test the onboard graphics though as the motherboard doesnt have onboard graphics
I've reseated the graphics card, Ram but not the motherboard or the cpu.
I had a brain wave earler and tried removing the 4 case fans power (already disconncted everything else) but that didnt work either. Its my first build and I didnt know that they weren't a good power supply unit, i just looked at the Watts. It might be possible that i can return my power supply if it is the issue as i've paid for extra cover and only had the parts for like 2-3 weeks hopefully.
p.s thinking about it actually my hard drive is still connected actually do you think that would make a big difference to the power supply
Thanks for you help
Related resources
August 23, 2010 8:05:16 PM

Oh also my graphics card fan spins , if that means its connected properly or not.
a c 153 U Graphics card
August 23, 2010 9:49:40 PM

Well, i had a old BFG 650watt powersupply, with my GTX 260, the fan would spin it but I would have no signal, it WAS the power supply causing the problem, despite having the right "specs" for the cards.

I think its safe to assume the PSU is the culprit, look into seeing if you can get your money back or what ever and get a PSU from Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, Seasonic, OCZ, or Antec.

If you can't get your money back we can go back to troubleshooting.
August 23, 2010 11:20:55 PM

Okay Thanks :)  , ill ring them up and try to return this power supply soon. Hopefully will let me, any recommdations for min Wattage for the new PSU?