Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected

moiz123456

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I recenty used Dariks Boot and Nuke on my Computer. After it completed i rebooted my Computer and this error message showed "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" I tried everything i could. I even inserted my bootable disk and the same message shows. Please Help FAST

About DBAN (from their site)

Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.

It looks like it works well. All you have to do is reinstall or perform a complete restore.

moiz123456

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Thats the problem, its not booting to the disk, and it shows this error message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Can you explain why you ran this tool to wipe your disks clean? Before running it, did you fully understand what it would do?

The OP wiped the hard disk with an excellent application that properly erases everything, i.e., it can't be recovered. How could replacing a cable help? The only solutions are to either reinstall everything or restore from a complete backup.