Stalker CoP running slow on gtx 465

D

Deleted member 362816

I am getting around 100 fps on max settings then all of a sudden it drops to like 2-10fps then it goes back to normal all my other games work idk what is going on

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
all of the STALKER games have had a tendency to be a bit jumpy, both CS and COP I have suffered massive frame spikes but maybe not quite as bad as your getting. Sun rays/god rays can be a killer, can you track down when the spikes actually happen or is it just constant?

D

Deleted member 362816

with what i have what settings should i run at like dx11 or what for lighting and what for the over all settings

D

Deleted member 362816

I am useing the steam version of staklker CoP. amd 9850x4 BE,4Gb Wintec ram ddr2, 500gb hard drive, 800 watt psu, gtx 465, windows 7 64bit. far cry 2 benchy is at all max settings 1920x1080 max aa max physics blac blach avg fps is 80 lol...

I have got over 80fps max settings in other stalker games dont know what is going on here.

D

Deleted member 362816

it never did it when i played the game the firs time about 2 hours then all a sudden it started to do it i dont know why no matter if i turn the graphics down to minimum and turn of everything it still does it lol. fyi the graphics card is not bad it runs great in every other game i have.

D

Deleted member 362816

as i siad before steam games are patch automaticly

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Two things appear to me:

1. Heat issue:
The card maybe getting heated. Try turning up the fan speed by setting it to manual. Also, make sure your case has enough space for the hot air to escape.

2. RAM:
May 'not' be the problem, but switching to DDR3 may help.

Did you get the latest drivers from nVidia? If yes, try rolling back to your previous drivers as the latest drivers have given some people (not all though) problems in some games, including Stalker.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

The Op already said even on lowest settings the prob subsists.
it never did it when i played the game the firs time about 2 hours then all a sudden it started to do it i dont know why no matter if i turn the graphics down to minimum and turn of everything it still does it lol. fyi the graphics card is not bad it runs great in every other game i have.

It seems specifically related to Stalker coz he isn't having the problem with any other game.

D

Deleted member 362816

Yes i have i dont know what is going on lol this is getting annyoing quick let me know if you find something out