Sign in with
Your question

Case airconditioner?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2010 11:29:05 PM

Has anyone heard of a case airconditioner? I am interested in one if anyone has a link for such a thing

More about : case airconditioner

August 23, 2010 11:30:11 PM

I have a rotating fan thing next to computer. My room gets hot and I figured I'd just put it next to my computer for a bit better cooling.
m
l
August 24, 2010 1:01:16 AM

I do the Same thing but now that I have 3 gtx 480s I want to cool the case even more. I don't want to water cool my cards. It makes me nervous. The only water cooler I have is the corsair h 50 which will never break. I'm sure many people will disagree with me but if anyone knows of a case air conditioner let me know.
m
l
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
August 24, 2010 1:04:11 AM

I've seen two things about it in the past, and both have been fairly failtastic, from what I remember.

I can't find links, but it was unimpressive.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
August 24, 2010 1:04:58 AM

Condensation
m
l
August 24, 2010 1:37:18 AM

Air conditioners pull moister from the outside. Condensation won't be a problem.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2010 1:40:47 AM

Air conditioners inside cases won't work, but if you have an air conditioner near your computer blowing cold air into your intake fans, you will get extreme cooling.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2010 3:58:20 AM

You should consider water cooling before AC.

An AC unit uses a lot of power and generates a lot of heat itself. If you are not routing the AC exhaust out a window or something, the room will heat up quickly.

Watercooling hardly uses any electricity and will display more heat from your computer parts faster than blowing cold air over them.
m
l
August 24, 2010 4:07:51 AM

the only successful air conditioner mod i have ever seen was done by a gentleman who had AC and freon certs. He was using the freon itself as a coolant and had like a hybrid ac/liquid cooling setup. it was pretty bitchin. I think it warmed up to -22 F at full load. but freon is nasty stuff and super bad for the environment, so I wouldnt go messing about lightly. I think you should get the mineral oil pc case/tank thing and use that :D 
m
l
!