First(probably only) review of the Corsair 430CX

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=214

Someone picked one up for super cheap on black friday and sent it to Jonny for a review, Corsair had said they werent sending any of the CX series out for review but there is at least one review of the 400CX's successor now. Aside from the poor crossloading and the cheaper caps its actually pretty nice and bound to be better than most of those cheapo logisys and raidmax units. If they swapped up to some better caps and had a consistent MIR on it to keep it cheap they would have an excellent unit for the price, the efficient is a little lacking but its not horrible, just barely below 80+ is still decent.

So what do you guys think of it? Im glad to finally know whats in it for when im recommending it.

tecmo34

Administrator
First: Another great review by JonnyGuru, like always :)

Second: Not a terrible review (outside of what you pointed out) and a decent PSU for the price. I would continue to recommend that PSU for it's price range & wattage/AMPs.

Have you sent the review over to Proximon, so the PSU list can be updated (unless you already updated :) )?

Not a bad little PSU. Unfortunately for Corsair, we old timers are going to be comparing it to the now departed 400CX. I'm still glad I managed to get a couple of 400CX's when hey announced this one (newegg was out, had to go to amazon).

Also, not a bad review except I didn't think it was fair to ding it on the lack of modular cables - not at this retail price point.

Like previously said, it's a pretty decent unit for the price. If Corsair/Newegg keeps the price at $40 it's quite good price vs performance. At $50 it's rather pushing the price vs performance aspect.

Sadly, it is still lower performing than the old 400CX. I do hope Corsair doesn't screw this up.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Like jsc, it's just as well as I have a few 400CX untouched floating around for cheap builds - Overclockers did a crazy deal Christmas 09 selling them for £35 each so I grabbed 5 lol

The 400CX was an awesome little unit (and the VX450 too - could easily be rated a 550W but Corsair were being very conservative).