Com ports 3 and 4 have disappeared

It appears com ports 3 and 4 were uninstalled rather than disabled. All this
happened when installing Mobile Phone Tools - perhaps the most complex
end-user program to get working right!

Any ideas how to reinstate my other com ports? I only have LPT1 and COM1 in
device manager (and yes, I do have the show hidden devices checked in the
"view" menu.
--
GeeBee

Normally, the only port that are installed are Com 1, Com 2 and LPT 1.
Unless you added additional ports (including USB) then you may need to
re-install those drivers.