replicating local windows account

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows XP
August 29, 2005 12:40:02 PM

Trying to set up 1 master account on my machine. I then need to create,
based on everything I did under the login, 61 other accounts. Each account
differing only in the user name and password.

I formatted the desktop, office apps, file explorer, and other settings
usually based on the user logged in.

I really don't want to have to do this 61 other times for each new account I
need to set up. From my limited understanding, I don't believe active
directory is an option because this pc is not part of a domain. Or is active
directory part of the solution?

Please offer advice or point me in the direction of tools to help out.

thanks,
Mark

More about : replicating local windows account

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 1:56:21 PM

Mark in Miami wrote:
> Trying to set up 1 master account on my machine. I then need to
> create, based on everything I did under the login, 61 other accounts.
> Each account differing only in the user name and password.
>
> I formatted the desktop, office apps, file explorer, and other
> settings usually based on the user logged in.
>
> I really don't want to have to do this 61 other times for each new
> account I need to set up. From my limited understanding, I don't
> believe active directory is an option because this pc is not part of
> a domain. Or is active directory part of the solution?
>
> Please offer advice or point me in the direction of tools to help out.
>
> thanks,
> Mark

Mark

You can set up a 'custom' default user profile that that will replace the default user profile and will be used whenever a new user profile is created. This article describes the step by step procedure.

How to create a custom default user profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP