replicating local windows account

Trying to set up 1 master account on my machine. I then need to create,
based on everything I did under the login, 61 other accounts. Each account
differing only in the user name and password.

I formatted the desktop, office apps, file explorer, and other settings
usually based on the user logged in.

I really don't want to have to do this 61 other times for each new account I
need to set up. From my limited understanding, I don't believe active
directory is an option because this pc is not part of a domain. Or is active
directory part of the solution?

Please offer advice or point me in the direction of tools to help out.

thanks,
Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about replicating local windows account

    Mark in Miami wrote:
    > Trying to set up 1 master account on my machine. I then need to
    > create, based on everything I did under the login, 61 other accounts.
    > Each account differing only in the user name and password.
    >
    > I formatted the desktop, office apps, file explorer, and other
    > settings usually based on the user logged in.
    >
    > I really don't want to have to do this 61 other times for each new
    > account I need to set up. From my limited understanding, I don't
    > believe active directory is an option because this pc is not part of
    > a domain. Or is active directory part of the solution?
    >
    > Please offer advice or point me in the direction of tools to help out.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Mark

    Mark

    You can set up a 'custom' default user profile that that will replace the default user profile and will be used whenever a new user profile is created. This article describes the step by step procedure.

    How to create a custom default user profile:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP