Closed Solved

Radeon HD5770 1GB

Hello Tom's Community,

I need an advice for the Radeon HD5770 1GB. I have an old system with no graphics card on which my brother use to play World of Warcraft. He just got a new 22" inch screen and wants to play on 1920 * 1080.

I was planning to order a Radeon HD 5770 1GB for him but the motherboard is actually old. It is a MSI P6NGM-L motherboard and using the onboard graphics. He has a E4600 as processor and a 1GB DDR2.

Board ->http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130130&cm_re=MSI_P6NGM-L-_-13-130-130-_-Product (Can't make the hyperlink stuff work sorry)

So my Question is : If i get him this card and another 2 GB of Ram. Will he be able to play WoW on 1920 * 1080 with at least 40-60 FPS in crowdy areas and Starcarft II on same resolution with 30-50 FPS ?

Thank you very much for reading my post. Awaiting your replies !! ;)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon hd5770
  1. Best answer
    I'm going inline with what dipankar said, I'd guesstimate that he should still get 30+fps on starcraft II with that setup though(30+ is considered playable)

Ill review some charts and get back to you.

EDIT:

According to this you should get 60ish FPS, taking into account only 2GB of ram, and a decent, but not really game worthy CPU... I'd guesstimate again and 40+?

I can't confirm this seeing as there would be no chance in hell of me seeing a SC:II benchmark with your setup.

Etheir way the game will be playable, and thats what counts!

EDIT2: Just noticed the settings were at 1920x1080 at Ultra settings, so I imagine quite spectacular graphics and definitely playable FPS, even if you were to lower a few settings to get 60+ FPS if you wanted.

The 1GB of ram will def help though.
  2. Best answer selected by Mat2rue.
  3. Thanks a lot decode and dipankar2007ind. Really helpfull !
  4. It was a pleasure, Come back in the future and spread some of your knowledge around, it all helps!
  5. I have a quick question i was thinking of building my first pc and i was also considering that video card, 4gig of ram and possibly a phenom x4 945, would that bring the frame rate up on starcraft 2? if i am not specific enough, i am sorry but i just want a round about answer. also how does one measure fps on a game?
  6. CBass27 said:
    I have a quick question i was thinking of building my first pc and i was also considering that video card, 4gig of ram and possibly a phenom x4 945, would that bring the frame rate up on starcraft 2? if i am not specific enough, i am sorry but i just want a round about answer. also how does one measure fps on a game?

You'll be fine with that setup. You can monitor your fps in game with fraps. Small program you can download. Just google it.
  7. thanks
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards World Of Warcraft Radeon Graphics Product