East West composers edition 1tb hard drive

hellblazer881

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hello all,

I am trying to use the 1tb hard drive supplied by east west and my mac book pro says every single time I turn it on "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" if someone could help me rectify this problem id appreciate it! the drive is defo for mac as there is a mac sticker on the composers box, thanks!.

hellblazer881

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Thanks for replying, ok so im on disk utility and ive clicked on the 1tb hard drive, do i click on the partition tab? when I do it gives me a volume scheme drop down and there are up to 16 partitions available for selection?.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Check this link:

http://download.soundsonline.com/docs/PLAY-2-FAQ.pdf

Or try this:
I’m getting an error during installation on a Mac. What should I do?
If permissions are set to READ ONLY on a particular folder that the installer needs to write to, nothing can be installed to that folder and the install will fail. Make sure folder permissions are set to READ & WRITE. Here’s how to do that:
1. Control-Click (or) Right-Click on the folder.
2. Go to “Get Info” in the menu.
3. Click on the triangle to the right of Sharing & Permissions.
4. Click on the padlock and enter the user name/password.
5. Ensure all privileges are set to Read & Write.
6. In the lower-left, just to the right off the +/- signs, click on the gear icon and choose to “apply to all enclosed items.”
Some common folders on which to check this are:
• Mac HD > Applications > East West
• Mac HD > Library > Application Support >Digidesign
• Mac HD > Library > Application Support >Digidesign>Plugins

hellblazer881

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hmm near the bottom of the 1tb hard drive tab that im currently clicke don it says, "write status: read and write" yet that post suggest set this to read and write? confused :/

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try accessing with another system to see if it is readable. As I understand the product, any Mac (current ones any way) should be able to access the drive. It is possible that the product is defective (not ready to make that call).

I would assume a PC could access it as well.

hellblazer881

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Ive tried using the hard drive on an Imac and I still get the same message mhmmm the drive should be formatted for a mac because i remember selecting that option and there was a sticker on the drive itself saying its for a mac but i dont know perhaps there has been a mix up...

Defective is starting to look more likely...im currently emailing the company but the replies from them are very slow.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did you try another USB cable?

Also, in your Disk Utility, there is a "fix/repair" option. I am not where I can look at my MacBook Pro to assist further, but did you look or try that with the HDD?

Leon Bvuma

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Hi,

Did you manage to figure out how to get it to work? i am suffering from the exact same issue. if you did please share.

Thank you