Sign in with
Your question

Fans

Last response: in Systems
October 8, 2010 1:39:54 AM

I bought the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. This is also my first build. My question at this time, I'm sure I'll have more, Where do I plug in all the fans? I have the COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case. The Mobo has a cpu fan header, This one is a no brainer. Then there is the sys_fan2 header 4pin, not sure what hooks to that. then there is sys_fan1/sys_fan3/pwr_fan. header with 3pins. There is also a NB_Fan header with 3 pins. The fans came with the 3 pin jacks with a jumper for daisy linking more fans I guess. The thing is there are four fans, what goes where?

TheApprentice

would be nice to chat with someone on TeamSpeak too.

More about : fans

October 8, 2010 8:50:19 AM

I'm not quite getting what your asking....my case fans plug into a controller i bought, which has the 3/4molex pin to plug in 4-5 fans which in turn plug into your power supply? without the fan controller it'd plug into your power supply either way.

does it look like this?

You can either plug all them into each other and have them run at 1 speed, or buy a fan controller which comes with 4-5 different plugs so they can run at different speeds. something like this:

I have this controller which works really well, it fits into a 2.5 bay. runs 5 fans. u can adjust all fans to run at differnt speeds. can set it to auto which will increase fans when temp is getting warm and it comes with 5 tempature monitors:
m
l
October 8, 2010 8:38:16 PM

You can plug the fans into fan headers on the motherboard. On my builds I plug the fans directly into the power supply using the adapter plugs that come with the fans. Even though the motherboard should be able to power them, I prefer to not run them through the motherboard if I don't have to.
m
l
October 15, 2010 2:27:02 AM

Thanks for the help. I bought a fan controller.
m
l
!