Improved illyich mod - crazy enemy AI

Hi

Not sure who this is best directed to (Wes Weimer, I emailed you
directly about an install issue for one of the mods and have nothing
back so far, so don't even know if you got the mail).

However, when in Irenicus' Dungeon, in the room by the Dryads, there
is a Duergar Proletariat or Party Member (cannot remember which). I
noticed that sometimes, these critters will target one member of the
party and then chase them around and never switch target. So he
targetted Imoen, and all I had her do was run around the room while
Minsc, Me, and Jaheira stomped him. None of my party took any damage
and I think only once did he try to cast a spell, which a hit from Me
disrupted anyway.

I am not by any means trying to pour criticism on the mod, but it
seems to me this enemy should at least have thought 'Hold on, someone
is hitting me real hard, perhaps I should target them rather than
chase this woman around the room all day in a Benny Hill stylee'

Any comments / thoughts?

Ta

--

Rich (change nospam to mlu035 to reply direct)

"Richard Clarke" <nospam@mlu035.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Not sure who this is best directed to (Wes Weimer, I emailed you
> directly about an install issue for one of the mods and have nothing
> back so far, so don't even know if you got the mail).

> However, when in Irenicus' Dungeon, in the room by the Dryads, there
> is a Duergar Proletariat or Party Member (cannot remember which). I
> noticed that sometimes, these critters will target one member of the
> party and then chase them around and never switch target. So he
> targetted Imoen, and all I had her do was run around the room while
> Minsc, Me, and Jaheira stomped him. None of my party took any damage
> and I think only once did he try to cast a spell, which a hit from Me
> disrupted anyway.

(I don't actually know anything, but)

if it was a spellcaster then it had to be the cleric.

Dang, I wish the cleric would take a swing at me! He's always busy
trying to cast summon deva and symbol fear and stuff like that. I'm
not sure that I've ever seen him bother himself with attacking any of
my characters. He probably has and I've somehow forgotten the
blessed event. I do however remember him once shrugging off three
hits and completing his fallen deva summoning - just cruel.

The golem will not switch off its target, but I don't recall the others
acting this way. I'm sure that the glabrezu, Ilyich, and the monk will
switch targets. I'm pretty sure that the archer will.

The room by the dryads?

that would be either the room where you pick up the Helm of
Balduran or the room where you pick up part of the Equalizer, right?

Ilyich and co. have a patrol route from the library to (I believe) the
room where the duegars are placed in the unmodded game.

> I am not by any means trying to pour criticism on the mod, but it
> seems to me this enemy should at least have thought 'Hold on, someone
> is hitting me real hard, perhaps I should target them rather than
> chase this woman around the room all day in a Benny Hill stylee'
>
> Any comments / thoughts?

I like it that the golem acts in this manner.
The others should ( and in my games anyway, do) show more discretion.

> if it was a spellcaster then it had to be the cleric.

Is that the Proleteriat?

> The golem will not switch off its target, but I don't recall the others
> acting this way. I'm sure that the glabrezu, Ilyich, and the monk will
> switch targets. I'm pretty sure that the archer will.

It is just limited to the dwarfy guy at the moment, it has happened
with a couple of them

> that would be either the room where you pick up the Helm of
> Balduran or the room where you pick up part of the Equalizer, right?

It was the helm room but the little bit off to the north with the
teleport portal.

--

> > if it was a spellcaster then it had to be the cleric.
>
> Is that the Proleteriat?

The Proletariat?
I have no idea.
I thought you were using 'Duergar Proletariat' as a general
reference to all the dwarves and 'Party Member' as meaning
the golem and glabrezu.

A lone Proleteriat... nope, I'm completely lost in this conversation. ;-)

> It was the helm room but the little bit off to the north with the
> teleport portal.

Huh. The only creatures I've ever seen in there are shadow thieves
and war dogs.