Adapters to convert Smart Media or CF slot to Memory Stick..

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b } Memory
January 7, 2005 1:46:11 PM

Greetings! I have a portable Digital Phot Storage Unit - an old Image
Bank CP-150 made by SIMA. It has two slots - one for Smart Media cards
and another for CF cards. At present I am using Sony Memory Stick Pro
memory cards with Sony P-10. Is there any converter/Adapter available
to convert either Smart Media slot or CF slot for using Memory Stick
Pro.With thanks.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 7, 2005 9:10:42 PM

arouth@radiology.umsmed.edu wrote:
> Greetings! I have a portable Digital Phot Storage Unit - an old Image
> Bank CP-150 made by SIMA. It has two slots - one for Smart Media cards
> and another for CF cards. At present I am using Sony Memory Stick Pro
> memory cards with Sony P-10. Is there any converter/Adapter available
> to convert either Smart Media slot or CF slot for using Memory Stick
> Pro.With thanks.

Probably not. However, I believe Sony allows Lexar to make their cards,
so you might check with them. Otherwise, the Sony is a proprietary
medium, so it may be difficult to get the information necessary to make
such an adapter.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

On 7 Jan 2005 10:46:11 -0800, arouth@radiology.umsmed.edu wrote:

>Greetings! I have a portable Digital Phot Storage Unit - an old Image
>Bank CP-150 made by SIMA. It has two slots - one for Smart Media cards
>and another for CF cards. At present I am using Sony Memory Stick Pro
>memory cards with Sony P-10. Is there any converter/Adapter available
>to convert either Smart Media slot or CF slot for using Memory Stick
>Pro.With thanks.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 7, 2005 10:38:53 PM

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:13:21 -0800, Dan Daniel
<ddandan.remove@pacbell.net> wrote:

>On 7 Jan 2005 10:46:11 -0800, arouth@radiology.umsmed.edu wrote:
>
>>Greetings! I have a portable Digital Phot Storage Unit - an old Image
>>Bank CP-150 made by SIMA. It has two slots - one for Smart Media cards
>>and another for CF cards. At present I am using Sony Memory Stick Pro
>>memory cards with Sony P-10. Is there any converter/Adapter available
>>to convert either Smart Media slot or CF slot for using Memory Stick
>>Pro.With thanks.
>
>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...

I should add that I have never used one of these, either this specific
brand or any other brand for Memory Stick Pro to CF. If this is
related to your travels to Britain, I'd be sure to test it before your
travels.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 8, 2005 5:59:16 AM

Dan Daniel wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2005 10:46:11 -0800, arouth@radiology.umsmed.edu wrote:
>

>>Greetings! I have a portable Digital Phot Storage Unit - an old Image
>>Bank CP-150 made by SIMA. It has two slots - one for Smart Media cards
>>and another for CF cards. At present I am using Sony Memory Stick Pro
>>memory cards with Sony P-10. Is there any converter/Adapter available
>>to convert either Smart Media slot or CF slot for using Memory Stick
>>Pro.With thanks.
>

> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...
Nice. Should work in a card reader, probably not in most cameras.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
!