Sign in with
Your question

I have an aspire t180 but I get no sound at all do I need a separate sound card?

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Aspire
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Anonymous
January 4, 2011 7:51:57 AM

My grandson was given this computer and it works well but.. It has no sound at all, it is an Aspire T180, but no sound at all, do I need to put in a separate sound card? If so which do you recommend please? It runs AMD and the cables push into the side of the mother board at present. Would it be better putting in a new separate sound card and if so what would you recommend please.

Kind regards

Andy

More about : aspire t180 sound separate sound card

January 4, 2011 12:12:34 PM

The system has built-in audio. It may just need to be configured to use the proper output device or load drivers.

In Control Panel/Sound make sure the proper default output device is selected. You may have 2 to choose from (HDMI and AC97 or HD). If you have speakers plugged into a green plug in the back of the system, then don't select the HDMI option.

If you have the computer connected to a monitor with a HDMI cable, then select HDMI and make sure the volume (on the monitor) is actually turned up.

You need to also check Control Panel/Device Manager to see if all drivers are installed properly. There will be indicators (if you have one, you'll know what I mean) that show if any device is having a problem.

Check these out and see if anything helps. Good luck!
Anonymous
January 4, 2011 12:23:27 PM

COLGeek said:
The system has built-in audio. It may just need to be configured to use the proper output device or load drivers.

In Control Panel/Sound make sure the proper default output device is selected. You may have 2 to choose from (HDMI and AC97 or HD). If you have speakers plugged into a green plug in the back of the system, then don't select the HDMI option.

If you have the computer connected to a monitor with a HDMI cable, then select HDMI and make sure the volume (on the monitor) is actually turned up.

You need to also check Control Panel/Device Manager to see if all drivers are installed properly. There will be indicators (if you have one, you'll know what I mean) that show if any device is having a problem.

Check these out and see if anything helps. Good luck!

Thank you..... I checked all above but to no avail, and now have inserted a sound card I have just bought from Map**** and it now works well.

Thank you once again and Happy New Year to you
Kind regards
Andy
January 4, 2011 12:36:11 PM

Understood. That is definitely a way to fix the problem!

Take care and have a HOOAH day!
!