Tags:
  • Corsair
  • Dual Channel
  • Memory
  • Product
Last response: in Memory
September 1, 2011 8:13:49 AM

Hi Guys,

Can I use two CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB kits in dual channel config ? I already have one 4GB CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9.
Was thinking of getting another one and bumping my RAM to 8 GB. Also will it help in improving performance in Gaming ?
I have Core i3 2100, Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3, Zotac GTX 550 ti 1GB and one 4GB DDR3 Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9.

Regards,
Mandar

More about : 4gb corsair cmz4gx3m1a1600c9 dual channel

September 2, 2011 5:00:34 AM

Yes, the specs for your MB indicate it's a dual channel motherboard, which requires two sticks for dual channel operation:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

However, you will only see a 1 to 5% performance gain for most games. I'd suggest a $99 class SSD for the most bang for your buck if you're looking for a general performance increase across the board.
a b } Memory
September 2, 2011 6:56:02 AM

In theory they *should* work but in practice often times they will not. If you go to the Corsair website and read their Memory Upgrade tutorial, they explain that only matched, tested RAM kits are guaranteed to work as advertised. Adding individual DIMMs even of the same part number may or may not work. There is no way to tell other than trying. At the current low prices on RAM I recommend buying a matched, tested 8 GB. kit for ~$60., but if you're feeling lucky you can try adding another 4 GB. kit.

As noted you won't see much performance gain if any but you can run more applications at the same time without slowing the PC.
September 7, 2011 9:50:28 AM

hey... thx enonu and beenthere for throwing light on the matter. let me check the costs of 8 gb kit and an individual 4 gb kit and weigh the options. once again thx a lot for help.
!