$1500 Gaming Desktop

cladingreen

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Approximate purchase date: ASAP, within a week
Budget range: $1500ish canadian
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet browsing, word processing, general system speed
Parts not required: need everything, including monitor, keyboard, and mouse
Preferred website for parts: www.ncix.com, canadian prices, with pricematching from www.pricecanada.com
Country of Origin: Canada
Parts preference: no brand loyalty, just need the most bang for the buck
Overclocking: the idea appeals to me but I have no clue how to go about doing this, will possibly try in the future so having the option open would be nice
SLI or Crossfire: does this mean a dual video card set up? if so would like it open as a possibility if not affordable right off the bat
Monitor Resolution: monitor still needs to be bought

My budget is $1000 to $1500, though my ideal is somewhere around $1300. The more money saved the better, though I want solid performance through and through. I'd like to make use of the Thanksgiving sale and price-matching. Best bang for the buck.

I need everything. Mouse, mouse pad, monitor, and keyboard. I would like speakers as well, but I have a good pair of headphones, so I can hold off those. $50 is going to the NCIX assembly as well, for convenience's sake.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I would like to play the occasional upcoming DX11 FPS. Games I'd most likely play most on my desktop at this moment are Civilization V, Mount & Blade Warband, and Left 4 Dead 2.

As for cases, I like them sleek and simple. I don't like cases that look like they might be a missing Transformers character, or any with lights and such. I actually like the look of the Antec 300, and I love the Fractal Design cases.

So build me the best gaming rig possible for around $1500, hopefully after taxes, and I'll bestow you with my love.