My SD card cannot be recognized by camera and computer

evajw

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hello,
I was in the middle of taking photos when my SD corrupted. And the Nikon D7000 showed that SD card mistake. And when I insert the SD card into the computer, the computer showed "please insert your SD card"....I tried many other device, but none of them can read my SD card except the panasonic GX1....But when I tried to use the USB to connect it with the computer, it failed again.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!!

evajw

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Thank you.
I have consulted some data recovery companies and they told me my card is dead...and I feel so bad now...I really want to get my photos back...

michael_anderson

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014

Recently, I encountered a similar problem. My Nikon micro SD card crashed and can not be recognized by the camera and my computer. In order to recover lost pictures and video files as much as possible, I studied a lot of knowledge about data recovery. Finally, I developed the card data recovery steps:

1) Immediately stop shooting new photos, and do not write new files to the SD card. This is to avoid original SD card pictures and videos be overwritten by the new files. Note: Once the missing files are overwritten, they’ll completely disappear (and can not be restored)!
2) Try a few data recovery tools (or picture recovery tools) from different companies. If the SD card can be identified by the data recovery software, then it is possible to find the missing files. Note: Save the recovered files to your computer’s hard drive. Do not save them to the same SD card.
3) If there is no data recovery software that can recognize the SD card, then you have to format the card. Lastly, repeat the second step for data recovery.

According to the above steps, I got back most of the lost pictures and video files. I hope that these experiences also help you and other friends!