Sign in with
Your question

My SD card cannot be recognized by camera and computer

Last response: in Storage
January 16, 2013 9:40:05 PM

Hello,
I was in the middle of taking photos when my SD corrupted. And the Nikon D7000 showed that SD card mistake. And when I insert the SD card into the computer, the computer showed "please insert your SD card"....I tried many other device, but none of them can read my SD card except the panasonic GX1....But when I tried to use the USB to connect it with the computer, it failed again.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!!
January 17, 2013 4:09:06 AM

Quote:
It sounds like that your SD card is dead. You'd better buy a new one.

yes I will get a new one. But the photos in the card are so important for me...
m
l
January 17, 2013 4:09:53 AM

sdrs1086 said:
Hi,

See same thing has happened with my friend. She was showing me some tour pics in her Nikon Camera and suddenly a error message came SD card corrupted. For a moment we thought as the card got corrupted so, photographs has been lost for forever. But then we had searched online as photo recovery , SD card recovery solutions and we got the solution of our problem there. We have consulted a data recovery company offering photo recovery software and services and that company has resolved our problem. She is happy that she got all of her photographs back. I can suggest you some renown data recovery service provider companies name like ontrack, stellar data recovery, CBL data recovery etc. For sure you will get your photo graphs back.

Thank you.
I have consulted some data recovery companies and they told me my card is dead...and I feel so bad now...I really want to get my photos back...
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 3:02:46 AM

Now, a data recovery company is your best choice.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 18, 2013 3:06:14 AM

just when you go to the data recovery place, make sure you bring your own lube. they wont supply you any XD
m
l
March 23, 2014 12:28:05 PM

Hi all -
I had the same problem and also used Recoverfab (based in Germany - www.recoverfab.com) to great success! The SD card was corrupt and unrecognizable by various computers and the camera. In fact, trying to upload the SD card was crashing my computer - I tried on both mac and PC - I even reformatted it over and over to no avail. I tried a ton of different ways to access the photos and data including several software downloads that you can find online. Even more concerning the SD card was also slightly cracked so it seemed like we might have completely lost all opportunity for data recovery, or that I had maybe overwritten the photo data by constant reformatting. I found Recoverfab on this forum first, and it was also mentioned on others to high acclaim so I thought to try it. The process was seamless and hundreds of precious photos were recovered at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Recoverfab- don't waste another moment researching!
m
l
July 14, 2014 4:18:13 PM

waki43 said:
Hi all -
I had the same problem and also used Recoverfab (based in Germany - www.recoverfab.com) to great success! The SD card was corrupt and unrecognizable by various computers and the camera. In fact, trying to upload the SD card was crashing my computer - I tried on both mac and PC - I even reformatted it over and over to no avail. I tried a ton of different ways to access the photos and data including several software downloads that you can find online. Even more concerning the SD card was also slightly cracked so it seemed like we might have completely lost all opportunity for data recovery, or that I had maybe overwritten the photo data by constant reformatting. I found Recoverfab on this forum first, and it was also mentioned on others to high acclaim so I thought to try it. The process was seamless and hundreds of precious photos were recovered at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Recoverfab- don't waste another moment researching!

I want to start with a huge thank you for making this post! This led me to look into Recoverfab, as well as other companies in the US and Canada. I ended up going with Recoverfab due to pricing and overall customer feedback.

Now, for how I ended up there..

My family and I went to vacation in Niagara Falls, Ontario, in the last week of June. On the last day of our vacation while at the Butterfly Conservatory my Nikon D5200 gave me the error message that my SD card was corrupted. The timing was horrible, obviously, but we also had over 2000 photos on that card from our vacation and my daughter's school recital from the week before. Needless to say, many potential memories lost.

When I got home I tried having my PC read the SD but it could not be found. I then tried my PC at work and a friend's Macbook Pro. Same result. That's when I started to do some searching and came across this thread (and specifically the above quoted post). I looked into various companies but as mentioned, went with Recoverfab due to overall process, customer feedback, and price. Within a week they recovered some, if not most, of the photos of my SD card. Unfortunately, my vacation is mostly "lost" at this point, but at least the majority of the photos on the card were recovered.
m
l
!