Hello everyone,

First off I'll list all of my components for my PC:

Intel Core i7 2600k Sandy Bridge CPU
Asus P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM
Corsair HX Series HX750 Power Supply
eVGA GTX 670 4GB Graphics Card
HT Omega Claro Plus+ Sound Card

I recently got a 256GB Samsung 840 SSD for my birthday. I've been using a Western Digital 1 TB Hard-Drive seen here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284) as my one and only hard-drive for a long time now. Now that I have an SSD I want to have that hold Windows 7 Home Premium and all my programs for best performance, while my 1 TB Western Digital Hard-Drive acts as storage space.

I've been having a lot of trouble getting this to work. First thing I did was backed up all my important data onto a flash drive and then using the Windows 7 install disc I wiped the 1 TB Western Digital drive so it was just "Unallocated Space". I shut down the computer and unplugged that hard-drive and plugged in the SSD and installed Windows 7 on that drive. The P8Z68-V PRO uses the UEFI Bios but I know that it's set to AHCI Mode. When I finished with the Windows 7 install on the SSD I then tried plugging in the 1 TB Hard-Drive hoping it'd pop up in Windows Explorer next to my other hard-drive but it did not. It was not in Device Manager or under the Storage Management in the control panel.

I uninstalled everything from both drives and installed Windows 7 on the 1 TB Hard-Drive and then plugged in the SSD (just using the data cable) and that popped up in Windows explorer, but I don't want to use that as the storage drive.

Can anyone help guide me through what I need to do to get this to work?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try different power and SATA cables if possible. Also, make sure all of your SATA ports are enabled in your BIOS. Locking SATA data cables usually connect fairly well, but SATA power connectors can be a pain. Make sure both are properly attached to both the SSD and the HDD.