Solved

Fermi set up

As usual,I am building a set up for a friend and have many questions to ask.I have a EVGA Co-Op 295 and just purchased an Asus GTX#460. I want to run the 460 in physix.Would this set up run good or should I sell the 295,use the 460 as my primary card and add my BFG #260(last years build left over card)as Physix card.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fermi
  1. Best answer
    Well GTX 295 performs better than a GTX 460,but it doesn't have a good driver support.Its a tough decision,so first try the GTX 460, if you liked its performance,then use it as your primary card and use the GTX 260 as a PhysX card.GTX 460 runs cooler,quieter and has less power consumption than GTX 295.
  2. Why don't you sel the 295 and get another 460 and then SLI them? Would beat the crap outta any game! :)

Just make sure your PSU is powerful enough though...
  3. Best answer selected by seanny.
  4. Maziar said:
    Well GTX 295 performs better than a GTX 460,but it doesn't have a good driver support.Its a tough decision,so first try the GTX 460, if you liked its performance,then use it as your primary card and use the GTX 260 as a PhysX card.GTX 460 runs cooler,quieter and has less power consumption than GTX 295.

I wanted to add a fermi card for the 3-d
  5. namelessonez said:
    Why don't you sel the 295 and get another 460 and then SLI them? Would beat the crap outta any game! :)

Just make sure your PSU is powerful enough though...

Ain't that the truth, I recently sold my two 295's for $750, then purchased two 460's. I couldn't be any happier, and I pocketed a little over $300 bucks :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Graphics