Why not CLONE and see if it works?
Also, I attempted to CLONE using Acronis True Image but it kept failing. Instead, I made a BACKUP to a USB hard drive, then swapped to the SSD and did a RESTORE to it.
You could also attempt something similar:
1. add a USB hard drive (or second internal hard drive)
2. make a Windows 7 Image (or use Acronis TI free, if you have WD/Seagate drive attached)
3. Swap HDD to SSD
4. RESTORE the backup to the SSD
*alternatively you can leave the Windows hard drive installed, add the SSD as a secondary drive then RESTORE the backup to the SSD, then shut down the PC and remove the hard drive (should then boot from the SSD).
- try to CLONE first (Easeus, or other free software)
- backup/restore method (requires another drive for the backup)