UnKoWnMaN15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
9u7tk1.png

There's most of my specs.

Toshiba Satellite C650D

Is this good for gaming. I just bought it.

Also while your here, what anti virus is good for gaming?(low system resourcesses)

Solution
Can you run Cysis? Yes. Can you run it at higher settings and still get acceptable performance? Probably not.

Also, since the model bought really isn't designed fro gaming in mind, it will run hot when you stress it (like when playing Crysis). The recommendation to use a laptop/notebook cooler will help minimize the heat build-up to some degree.

Some may consider Avast "better" than MSE, but MSE is a very good product and is well supported. You really can't go wrong with it.

Good luck!
It's not good for gaming, but may run some in med or low resolution. If your game runs, I recommend a laptop cooler that sits underneath and blows air up. They usually cost $15-20; some are much less after rebate at frys or newegg. For anti virus, I use microsoft security essentials, a free download.

UnKoWnMaN15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

but on "can you run it" website it says I have the recommended stuff for crysis. :/

also, I heard that avast was better than MSE

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Can you run Cysis? Yes. Can you run it at higher settings and still get acceptable performance? Probably not.

Also, since the model bought really isn't designed fro gaming in mind, it will run hot when you stress it (like when playing Crysis). The recommendation to use a laptop/notebook cooler will help minimize the heat build-up to some degree.

Some may consider Avast "better" than MSE, but MSE is a very good product and is well supported. You really can't go wrong with it.

Good luck!

Solution