I'm looking for the "proper" way to change the computer name of a pc that is
already on our domain and listed in active directory. We often move pc's to
different users in differnt locations. Due to our naming scheme we like to
change the names of the pcs when we move them. Currently we have to remove
the PC from the network, ad it to a workgroup, then rename it, and then re
add it to the domain. Seems to be a cumbersome issue. Any sugestions

I was hesitant to post this yesterday because of this line...
[[Check with your network administrator before renaming your computer. ]]

To rename a computer
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_ident_change_computer_name.mspx

But I see that no one else has posted, so....

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User