Sign in with
Your question

Installing new motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
September 1, 2011 7:17:40 PM

Okay I finally got the mother board install it, put in a an additional internal hard drive a new power supply turned it on and the thats the only thing it did was come on. No monitor, keyboard or mouse detection. any ideas?

Mztee

More about : installing motherboard

September 9, 2011 9:04:05 AM

As stated the vidoes are excellent. I had figured the problem out, and computers up and running fine. The only thing now is because I did not purchase the mother board from HP because they did not have, nor did the their repair tech and had no idea of when they would get it I contacted the manufacturer and purchased the motherboard from one of their suppliers the recovery disks I just purchased to reinstall windows did not work. So installed a second internal hard drive used that one to run windows and the oringinal HD that came with the computer, I am able to get certain programs that want that came with the computer to run on the new drive so I am good. Since the computer is no longer under a warranty using their recovery disk to install Win 7 was not a big deal, I just could have saved the $32 for something else as I purchased 2 sets. So thanks you again. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
m
l
a c 99 V Motherboard
a c 90 ) Power supply
September 9, 2011 3:25:37 PM

Glad it all worked out!
m
l
!