Installing new motherboard

mztee

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Okay I finally got the mother board install it, put in a an additional internal hard drive a new power supply turned it on and the thats the only thing it did was come on. No monitor, keyboard or mouse detection. any ideas?

Mztee

mztee

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
As stated the vidoes are excellent. I had figured the problem out, and computers up and running fine. The only thing now is because I did not purchase the mother board from HP because they did not have, nor did the their repair tech and had no idea of when they would get it I contacted the manufacturer and purchased the motherboard from one of their suppliers the recovery disks I just purchased to reinstall windows did not work. So installed a second internal hard drive used that one to run windows and the oringinal HD that came with the computer, I am able to get certain programs that want that came with the computer to run on the new drive so I am good. Since the computer is no longer under a warranty using their recovery disk to install Win 7 was not a big deal, I just could have saved the $32 for something else as I purchased 2 sets. So thanks you again. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS