Corsair Vengeance Ram + p8z68 V-pro Mobo

replicat0r

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Hello!

I have a p8z68 v pro mobo and i am not sure if the corsair vengeance ram would work with it.

Corsair Vengeance 12GB 3X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 XMP Triple Channel Core i7 Memory
CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9

Does that work? I checked the approved vender for parts, it came up
with

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 and
CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Its almost the same so i am not sure..

thx!

Solution
That motherboard doesn't support triple channel memory (nor do any sandy bridge motherboards). Get a dual channel kit if you can.

jik771971

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Sorry, that I didn't see this until now, but I have the same mainboard on both of my new i7 2600K systems and they both have Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 XMP 1600 Mhz DDR3 memory in them. If you go to the ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro mainboard website, it specifically says that it is a DDR3 compatible mainboard and those particular memory sticks have been tested and run well on that mainboard, which is why I have them and why they run very well in both of my systems. If you google around a little, a lot of people are using that particular and other similar memory sticks on that board. You can even catch a youtube video here and there with that memory installed on that board. Also, if your build isn't finished yet, you might want to choose a CPU cooler (if you need one)that doesn't block any memory slots, if you do go with that corsair set, because you may want to add more memory in the future. That particular memory sits pretty high, because of the tall heat sinks, which is why some larger coolers can be a problem. Again, compatible coolers for the P8Z68 V-Pro mainboard combined with that type of memory are also on the mainboard website and in the tom's hardware forums.