Quick Memory help please? Ok to mix 9-9-9-24-2N with 9-9-9-24 -1T?

im1knight

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello, I have just received an email from newegg, within the promo email, I noticed the G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1333 is on sale.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

I'm currently running 2sticks of Corsair DDR3 1333 memory (2x2GB), and is running at 9-9-9-24, 1.5v I was very happy when I saw the G Skill is running the same timings and using same voltage, but i noticed there is a 2N to the end of the G Skill timing. I guess that's the command rate, and my current Corsair RAM is at 1T.

So is it ok to mix RAMs with a different command rate? I know you should not mix RAM with different timings, but idk if command rate will result in instability as well...If there is no problem, i'm making the purchase immediately. $39 for 8GB of RAM is a steal, and the current 4GB I have is feeling less and less adequate by day..

I'm running AMD Phenom IIx4 965 with Asus M4a79T deluxe board, AMD790 chipset if that makes a difference...

im1knight

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
well..I mean I have mixed different brand of RAMs before and they worked fine, I know it's always best to go with a kit, but i don't want to just throw away my current 4GB.

I'm not doing any overclocking stuff(I never overclock with mixed RAMs),i'm using the computer mainly for VMs, and some gaming(FSX, GTA IV etc.), where the actual amount of RAM is more important than the speed I suppose. I just want to make sure if this command rate will make a difference in stability. After all they are the same voltage and same timings.

TRENDING THREADS