Tags:
  • Presario
  • Hard Drives
  • Compaq
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 4, 2011 9:22:11 PM

Hello,
may son has a compaq presario cq60 he dropped it and cracked the screen. I took it to a computer repair place, they fixed the screen..I brought it home he plugged it up and it kept saying no boot and no hard disk. what is going on?

More about : hard disk

January 4, 2011 10:08:59 PM

Its possible the drop damaged the hdd as well.
The shop must have fired it up and checked it before handing it back to you??

See if you can access the bios by pressing f2 or delete at startup to see if it recognises an installed drive.

I say back to the computer repair shop and start asking questions!
m
l

Best solution

January 5, 2011 12:19:22 AM

LoL maybe they forgot to put the HDD back in after benchtesting the repair.
Related resources
January 5, 2011 12:32:10 AM

Best answer selected by kellyj32.
m
l
January 5, 2011 12:36:49 AM

you are right,,,I don't know if it was stolen by them or they forget to put it back in. BUT IT IS GONE!!! My husband and me are going up there first thing in the morning to raise ####!! Would they have tried to turn it on I didn't even give them the power cord..Is that a requirment to take it out when fixing a screen?
m
l
January 5, 2011 12:48:55 AM

That depends on what exactly needed to be repaired. Anything requiring access to the motherboard, including the graphics processor, would indeed requiring removing the HDD.
m
l
January 5, 2011 12:53:14 AM

i am not computer savvy at all so does any of that include replacing a cracked screen?
m
l
January 5, 2011 10:21:56 AM

popatim said:
That depends on what exactly needed to be repaired. Anything requiring access to the motherboard, including the graphics processor, would indeed requiring removing the HDD.

i am not computer savvy at all so does any of that include replacing a cracked screen?
m
l