New build post problem

brix4lyfe

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
I recently put together a new rig and didn't like the video card I purchased so returned it and bought a ati radeon hd 5850. Well when I installed the new card I began to run into problems. I have no keyboard support at all nor any mouse support. I have tried the p/s keyboard and got nothing... tried a usb keyboard and still nothing...

Here is my setup if it will help:

MSI 870A-G54 motherboard
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
4 GB Kingston DDR3 1333 MEM
ATI RADEON HD 5850
650w PSU
Thermaltake Duorb CPU Cooler

I figured it may be a short due to grounding issues but I took the board out and tried it with only the cpu, fan, video card, and ram yet still the same issue. I even tried replacing the new video card with one I had before i decided to upgrade and still the same issue. Did a CMOS reset and that didn't help. Funny thing though is that it will boot up all the way to windows(being I took off the halt on error feature earlier yesterday) but because of the lack of mouse and keyboard support I cant do anything with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

brix4lyfe

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010

Thanks for the link but I've gone through the list several times and still haven't been able to figure this thing out. I forgot to mention though that the last message says during the post something about keyboard/interface error. I just find it strange that it will run windows but its like my input drivers are non existent. I can't even enter the bios prior to booting windows. Also I'm running windows 7 64 bit. Oh and one other thing that may be a key factor. The last time that I was able to use my system correctly I hibernated it which had probably something to do with it. After this the next time I turned it on was after I installed the new video card.