Biostar TA770E motherboard
AMD 'Regor' 240 processor
Palit GeForce GTS450 1GB graphics board
Windows XP Professional 32bit operating system
OCZ PC2-6400 (2GB) memory
Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 1TB hard-disk drive
SATA2 CD/DVD-RW optical drive
CiT-1008 Piano-black Midi-ATX case

I'm thinking about getting a new PSU, I live in the UK and want one at least 550w. Anybody got some recommendations, I'm budgeting at £50 max..

Thanks,
Nathaniel

On offer and more than enough for your setup.
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8267206/OCZ-OCZ700MXSP-UK-ModXStream-Pro-700W-Power-Supply-Unit-PSU/Product.html?searchstring=modxstream&searchtype=PCSH&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search&strefer=PCSH&searchfilters=s{modxstream}+c{420}+

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
That's awesome, thanks.
But I have a problem here. How am I to setup a bottom-mounted power supply in a computer with no space at the bottom (positioning of graphics card)?

CiT 1008

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Yep top or bottom is absolutely fine.
The psu fan acts as an extraction fan.

What fan are you concerned about blocking.

mounted either way a power supply sucks air from inside the case and blows it out the back and it can be mounted fan up in a bottom mount case but its recommended to be fan down for safety sake of things falling in some cases even have bottom vents for the power supply fan but in a top mount case the fan will be facing down and sucking warm air from inside the case

Yeah thats bout it if 2 components state atx they should fit together there are a few exceptions in the 1200+ watts power supplies.but other then that its a standard used by the pc industry